Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Povetkin Had Loads of PED Tests For Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PEDvetkin got rocked by the lesser known Fury, STOP IT Hearn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      This is so strange with the lack of buzz around this. It's still a huge event but there's no one talking about this like there was for the Parker fight.... and I think this is a much better fight!

I wonder if the Parker performance has affected Joshua's value?
      The Parker fight was a battle between two undefeated world champions so it should have had more of a buzz. For the casual this is a harder fight to get excited about but the stadium will still be packed to the rafters come fight night and it will probably do 700k plus buys so I don’t think it’s the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I agree. Imagine if this took place right after he beat Wlad. It would be huge.

I think there's a culmination of factors hurting this. AK having a series of uninspiring performances, Fury returning, looking timid in the Wilder negotiations, and just poor marketing.
        IMO, if Povetkin comes with any kind of stamina, this should be a great fight.
        I agree, I think complacency has set in with AJ and the promoting side. They know they will sell 80k tickets and do a million PPV's for both fights at Wembley so why make a fuss over the event? That couold be down to AJ not doing much talking as well.

Either way, there's just not a buzz around him right now, but that can change with a KO of Povetkin and a great fight, normal service resumed in a way after 2 lacklustre fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          The Parker fight was a battle between two undefeated world champions so it should have had more of a buzz. For the casual this is a harder fight to get excited about but the stadium will still be packed to the rafters come fight night and it will probably do 700k plus buys so I don’t think it’s the end of the world.
          Oh I still think it's a big event, but being from the UK there's just not a buzz here for it at all, due to many factors.

It can all change with a good performance and KO of Povetkin. I think the Takam and Parker fights took away AJ's momentum. It's been a while since his last legit stoppage..... nearly 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            This is so strange with the lack of buzz around this. It's still a huge event but there's no one talking about this like there was for the Parker fight.... and I think this is a much better fight!

I wonder if the Parker performance has affected Joshua's value?
            it is really weird, theyre isn't much fanfair about this at all. It also doesn't help that both AJ and Pov are bland characters. Povetkin also doesn't speak great english so they couldn't film the Gloves are Off and build the promotion around that etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
              Huh? When was this supposed to have happened?

Comment

last ditch attempts to get people excited, trying to make out its some rocky sheet

Comment

I hope the russians have cloned pedvetkn and the clean clone is giving the piss tests and the real pedvetkin comes out for the fight . Eould certainly make the fight more interesting than the clean version

Comment

no amount of drugs is gonna save him from the ass whooping Joshua has in store for him this Saturday

Comment

He never fought any Fury check his boxrec.

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X