No announcement yet.

Spence vs Berto and Porter vs Collazo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Porter won't have 4 mandos and Thurman it's one mando and Thurman. Only if Thurman doesn't want the fight then Porter will have 2. Ugas 1st and I think Berto is 2nd in line.
    So he gots one mando? Cuz who the f#ck knows what Thurman is doing or when he'll do it. Or does the WBC got him on some countdown on making a call?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I thought Thurman had that emeritus situation like Vitali had when he retired. Like a get a title shot for free card or something lol.

But isn't that different from being mandatory? So potentially Porter could have 2 mandatory's AND Thurman no?

Yea Berto is getting up there (35yrs). He needs to sh^t or get off the pot so he should want that fight.

Kinda hoping Mikey gets that fight doe. Thats the more compelling matchup to me even if it could be it ends up being too big a ask for Mikey & not as competitive. I do feel like Mikey could surprise some people including Spence.
      That was my understanding of the whole situation.
      As for Berto, I can't knock my haitian fellow from getting his mil but I'll hate watching him getting that beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
        That was my understanding of the whole situation.
        https://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-v...fenses--131520

Looks like we we're both wrong. WBC guy mentions that Thurman COULD double as a mandatory for Porter.

But it would seem to me that cuz of Thurman's status & not yet being back yet that Porter could still get put in a position where he defends vs 2 mandatory's & then a still inactive Thurman calls his shot. Probably unlikely since they are all on the same team more or less, but still seems possible.

As for Berto, I can't knock my haitian fellow from getting his mil but I'll hate watching him getting that beating.
        And yea I don't think Berto has much of a shot either.

Randomly has Berto done any announcing? That might not be a bad post career gig for him. I've been really impressed with his insightfulness in some interviews as of late. That vid where he talks about what its like to fight Floyd was the best take on the subject I've heard.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-09-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          https://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-v...fenses--131520

Looks like we we're both wrong. WBC guy mentions that Thurman COULD double as a mandatory for Porter.

But it would seem to me that cuz of Thurman's status & not yet being back yet that Porter could still get put in a position where he defends vs 2 mandatory's & then a still inactive Thurman calls his shot. Probably unlikely since they are all on the same team more or less, but still seems possible.

And yea I don't think Berto has much of a shot either.

Randomly has Berto done any announcing? That might not be a bad post career gig for him. I've been really impressed with his insightfulness in some interviews as of late. That vid where he talks about what its like to fight Floyd was the best take on the subject I've heard.
          Yeah, I was thinking of that exact interview. He mentions how Floyd actually looks at the clock during the round and other insightful clues.

Comment

So they should wait 7 months to fight each other so that Spence can KO Berto who Porter KOed and Porter can beat the hell out of a guy Khan beat the hell out of. It sounds like a terrible idea and a waste of time. Let them fight each other in January. They are seasoned pros who don't need a practice fight to get ready to fight each other. Champions used to defend their titles against top 10 guys 3 to 4 times a year. Now most champions only defend their titles twice a year. If one of those title defenses is a stay busy fight against an unranked and unworthy challenger it's very hard for deserving top 10 challengers to get a title shot.

Comment

Meaningless fights.
              But who am I kidding?
              I don't expect Porter vs Spence to be made right away.
              These are PBC fighters doe.

Comment

Garcia vs Collazo makes sense

Comment

Working...
                X