Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pacquiao give Marquez immediate rematches???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Pacquiao give Marquez immediate rematches???

There was a 4 year gap between the 1st and 2nd fight. Then a 3 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd fight.
    Plenty of people felt pacquiao lost these fights so why didn't Pacquiao immediately give him a rematch to prove them wrong???

See this is the difference between Pacquiao and fighters like Canelo and TBE. Many people felt floyd lost to castillo and what did he do? He gave him a rematch within that SAME YEAR. People felt like GGG won so what did canelo do? Offered him an immediate rematch

Did Bob Arum and pacquiao wait for JMM to get old??? It appears so but it obviously backfired

Thank god i support true warriors like Ca$hnelo and Mr. TBE

Last edited by mcdonalds; 08-18-2018, 01:35 PM.

After putting someone to sleep. You would think a rematch worth millions would be easy work for a warrior.

Comment

Yes they waited until they thought JMM lost a step each time. Sadly for them JMM still had plenty enough for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        There was a 4 year gap between the 1st and 2nd fight. Then a 2 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd fight.
        Plenty of people felt pacquiao lost these fights so why didn't Pacquiao immediately give him a rematch to prove them wrong???

See this is the difference between Pacquiao and fighters like Canelo and TBE. Many people felt floyd lost to castillo and what did he do? He gave him a rematch within that SAME YEAR. People felt like GGG won so what did canelo do? Offered him an immediate rematch

Did Bob Arum and pacquiao wait for JMM to get old??? It appears so but it obviously backfired

Thank god i support true warriors like Ca$hnelo and Mr. TBE

That wasn't Pac it was Marquez. I was a huge Marquez fan. Marquez almost pissed his career away. A lot of people will not remember but he ended up fighting in Indonesia and got an L. From people that I respect they said it was a robbery (still have to watch it myself, maybe this weekend). He went in the guys back yard and made absolute crap money.

Had he rematched Pac right away I think he would have beat him at that time. He had figured out Pac by the end of the fight and Pac had not improved like he did in later years. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
          That wasn't Pac it was Marquez. I was a huge Marquez fan. Marquez almost pissed his career away. A lot of people will not remember but he ended up fighting in Indonesia and got an L. From people that I respect they said it was a robbery (still have to watch it myself, maybe this weekend). He went in the guys back yard and made absolute crap money.

Had he rematched Pac right away I think he would have beat him at that time. He had figured out Pac by the end of the fight and Pac had not improved like he did in later years. Just my opinion.
          The John fight was a robbery indeed. Marquez dropped the ball passing on the re-match for 2005 and got lucky with the TR-GBP beef by getting a shot at Barrera which allowed him back into the fold and he took that chance dominating Barrera.

Pacquaio stalled Marquez out after 2008 though. Marquez deserved the win and had to wait too long. In 2011 they figured Marquez was too old and coming up to Welterweight would be too much.

Comment

IIRC Marquez was to blame for the 2nd fight not happening sooner. After the second fight, Pac soon jumped for the Oscar fight and people lost interest since Pac was at 147 soon after and Marquez was still campaigning at 135. It wasn't until they wanted an opponent as part of the Mayweather drama that they thought Marquez would be an easy mark for the third fight. Then they basically did give Marquez a quick rematch for the 4th fight.

Comment

And let's not act like Alvarez loves immediate rematches. The Golovkin one is the first controversial fight he's rematched. He didn't want any part of a Trout or Lara rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                And let's not act like Alvarez loves immediate rematches. The Golovkin one is the first controversial fight he's rematched. He didn't want any part of a Trout or Lara rematch.
                True. Most felt he lost to GGG and a large number probably the majority feel he lost to Lara. I think most will agree he didn’t win.

Comment

I kind of remember Beristain wanting more money for the initial rematch. Resulting in them taking a fight overseas with John. That loss looked to have put things back a bit until he got a Barrera fight in Vegas.

Comment

Yes, shame on Pacquiao for being from a far away land and an oriental. Another great all American thread from the flag boy with the tanks. Why didn't Marquez give Pacquiao a 5th fight for much more money than he ever dreamed of making? Why didn't Leonard give Hearns an immediate rematch instead of waiting until Hearns looked shot? Why did Leonard refuse to rematch Hagler after his close debatable split d win?

Comment

Working...
                    X