Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow India / Pakistan Boxing for over 3000 years. Someone educate the Garcias..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Dhalsim disapproves of your post

lol.. lets face it Dhalsim destroys Vitali in 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      Khan is an exception to the general rule I think.

List me all the championship fighters from Pakistan over the last 50 years if you can (or that have 2 Pakistani parents), I wouldn't mind seeing just how many their are.
      This post will be skipped.

Comment

I can't think of any other world Pakistani class boxers other than Khan. When I think of great Pakistani sportsmen I think of cricketers,the best squash player ever and hockey but not boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
          Nah, generalizing in that way is a form of racism. Khan wouldn't have beaten Malignaggi (an Italian-American), Judah (an African-American) and McCloskey (Irish). So just using Khan's career alone, it disproves your assertion.

Khan was also the only boxer from the UK who made the Olympics that year. The only one. While white, black, chinese and other Brits were unable to qualify. Were they unable to qualify because the truth is they just aren't built to fight like Khan is? They didn't make it to the olympics because they were of European or African or Chinese origin right? It must have been their race and Khan proved that his race was superior by being the only one able to qualify.

You see, if you say what you say about one race, you can easily say it about all the others. It's called racism.
          it's not racism, its just stereotypical. stereotypes don't exist because they're true but because a good amount of people from the stereotyped factions of society perpetuate certain behaviors / assumptions.

look, i'm pr and i'm the furthest thing from racist but something's just can't be ignored. do i perpetuate the stereotype that i fukn love rice and beans? yes. is it a stereotype that when i see some idiot driver looking like they bought their license instead of taking an actual written and driven examination and to see said driver be asian? yes. is it any surprise that when i go to KFC most of them are black and not many white / brown faces? no. it is racist, fu.k no, it's an observation.

garcia's delivery just needs to be polished and in the end to me its the furthest thing from racism. he's trying to promote a fight albeit not very well. if he were racist trust that where he's from in Philly, he'd a never adapted.

Comment

This looks more like a mime dance than a fight...

They could do a lot better in soccer, though.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              Khan is an exception to the general rule I think.

List me all the championship fighters from Pakistan over the last 50 years if you can (or that have 2 Pakistani parents), I wouldn't mind seeing just how many their are.
              List all the good US cricket players? Does that mean Americans are not good athletes. Boxing isn't that big in India and Pakistan but they've had some decent amateurs, they just don't have good pathways to become professionals.

Comment

Only if you have a very, very loose definition of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  garcia's delivery just needs to be polished and in the end to me its the furthest thing from racism. he's trying to promote a fight albeit not very well. if he were racist trust that where he's from in Philly, he'd a never adapted.
                  It's one thing stereotyping a particular cuisine but when people start saying that any race is physically inferior, they are no better than Hitler. Hitler said the same sort of thing about Jews, as the Garcias are saying about Pakistanis. That sort of mentality should have been eliminated with the end of the second World War, but even now, nearly 70 years later, people are still being racist in the same sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                    It's one thing stereotyping a particular cuisine but when people start saying that any race is physically inferior, they are no better than Hitler. Hitler said the same sort of thing about Jews, as the Garcias are saying about Pakistanis. That sort of mentality should have been eliminated with the end of the second World War, but even now, nearly 70 years later, people are still being racist in the same sort of way.
                    come on. don't be so black and white about it, pardon the pun.

garcia's not on his way to killing 2 million pakistanis. he's being a promoter and not a very good one. that's it, nothing more here.

also, is it racist of me to think that if some game show was to take 50 random brazilians from a favela in rio and put them up agains't 50 random indian's from bangalore that the former 50 wouldn't put the latter 50 on their ass by at least a 80 / 20 margin?

Comment

I don't think he's ever seen a Pakistani before, I also don't think Garcia's dad has been alive for 3000 years

Comment

Working...
                      X