This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
    you guys know that uber, netflix and even amazon actually lose money in real business?
    yet their stock value goes up...why? it's the brand value that goes up.

TR are only surviving because of espn. espn are losing money eg on fury...but Disney (who own espn) don't care..because the brand itself adds value to their main stock.

that has nothing to do with ramirez...except that TR can afford to lose money and not give a **** because espn is the one paying.
    what TR are then doing is selling tickets cheap to bring in the fans. it's about market reach/brand recognition.
    You’re being trolled by the OP. Ramirez vs Hooker was a Matchroom event. Proves why LDBC dummies cry about anything Non Al Haymon related. Ramirez vs Postol has nothing to do with Hearn’s bill for the Hooker fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
      Lmao you have no response to these facts so you have to resort to personal insults. Your blood is boiling at the fact that mexicans don’t run boxing, the vast majority of your champions can’t sell tickets and aren’t big draws and the only people keeping boxing relevant in America are black boxers. The most anticipated big money fights all include black boxers. (Davis vs. Loma, Spence vs. Crawford, Wilder vs. Fury/AJ). The ”mexicans run boxing” myth is done for
      The “facts” are that Ramirez vs Hooker (the context for this thread) was a Matchroom Event on DAZN. Ramirez vs Postol (Top Rank) on ESPN are two different promotions.

It’s obvious the LDBc kids need fictitious narratives to go against ESPN since the backbone of their crying is Arum “owning” Crawford. basically as Doug Fischer said, “the dem0graphic” worshipping Haymon are idiots and aren’t boxing fans! “Al Haymon is a successful business man.” Lol. When these guys buy cigarettes and liquor and the cashier gives them attitude their week is victimized and Thus “boxing is unfair and racism.”

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
        The “facts” are that Ramirez vs Hooker (the context for this thread) was a Matchroom Event on DAZN. Ramirez vs Postol (Top Rank) on ESPN are two different promotions.

It’s obvious the LDBc kids need fictitious narratives to go against ESPN since the backbone of their crying is Arum “owning” Crawford. basically as Doug Fischer said, “the dem0graphic” worshipping Haymon are idiots and aren’t boxing fans! “Al Haymon is a successful business man.” Lol. When these guys buy cigarettes and liquor and the cashier gives them attitude their week is victimized and Thus “boxing is unfair and racism.”
        I think you need to open up the box office report in this thread and look closely, 7000 tickets sold at the price of $3. If mexicans really run boxing, why are Jose Ramirez’ tickets so cheap and why are his live gates so small? Tough questions you cannot answer, instead you try to divert the topic and bring up you tubers and al haymon lmao

Comment

Originally posted by x23shots View Post

This was the Jose Ramirez vs. Jose Zepeda fight which happened in California. Two Mexicans fighting each other couldn’t sell the tickets at regular price so Bob Arum had to lower the ticket prices to $3 LMAO!

All those Mexicans who say they run boxing and that you need to fight a Mexican or put a Mexican on the undercard to sell a fight got BTFO!!!!!
          - -U sad boy. What U mommy say?

Comment

Lmao you have no response to these facts so you have to resort to personal insults. Your blood is boiling at the fact that mexicans don’t run boxing, the vast majority of your champions can’t sell tickets and aren’t big draws and the only people keeping boxing relevant in America are black boxers. The most anticipated big money fights all include black boxers. (Davis vs. Loma, Spence vs. Crawford, Wilder vs. Fury/AJ). The ”mexicans run boxing” myth is done for
            Why would my blood be boiling??? How old are you to feel that it's a victory for you to know that Jose Ramirez fight tickets are dirt cheap?? Does that really brighten up your day????
            Me, i don't care one way or another about which fighter sells the most tickets or which fighter makes the most money. Like i said earlier.... I get no money from boxers so what they sell or what they get paid is of no concern to me. I wish every boxer could sell like Floyd cause they all risk their lives in the ring but if not then oh well... Makes no difference to me.
            See I'm a boxing fan not a cheerleader. I support boxing in general. If i see a good fight on TV then I'll watch it regardless of who's fighting and on what network. If there's a good fight on ppv then ill order it if i think it's worth it. I've been to plenty of live fights that involved main event black fighters. I went to go see Floyd fight Moseley live. I've ordered at least 10 mayweather ppv fights. I've seen Canelo fight live also. I've seen Pacquiao live too.
            But in reality not one single fighter runs boxing. Not Mexicans, not blacks, not whites, nobody.
            So what exactly are you trying to prove???

Comment

I think you need to open up the box office report in this thread and look closely, 7000 tickets sold at the price of $3. If mexicans really run boxing, why are Jose Ramirez’ tickets so cheap and why are his live gates so small? Tough questions you cannot answer, instead you try to divert the topic and bring up you tubers and al haymon lmao
              7000 x $3 = $21k

The commission sheet shows $130K

Lol. What does that have to do with Mexicans? It’s obvious Hearn was trying to make the fight affordable for his fighter, Hooker, in Texas.... LMAO!

You guys LDBC are so confused you’re owning yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                7000 x $3 = $21k

The commission sheet shows $130K

Lol. What does that have to do with Mexicans? It’s obvious Hearn was trying to make the fight affordable for his fighter, Hooker, in Texas.... LMAO!

You guys LDBC are so confused you’re owning yourselves
                It proves how mexicans don’t run boxing, a narrative that you mexican boot lickers love to push. $130k live gate is garbage. 7,000 tickets for $3 is garbage, 3.2k tickets for $5 is garbage. Jose Ramirez isn’t a draw and neither is any other mexican on Top Rank. Time for you to admit this instead of trying to divert the topic.

Top Rank, Fresno, CA, Two mexicans fighting and the most expensive ticket was $147. Only 60 people bought those lmaoooo.
                Last edited by Stokely; 01-15-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

It proves how mexicans don’t run boxing, a narrative that you mexican boot lickers love to push. $130k live gate is garbage. 7,000 tickets for $3 is garbage, 3.2k tickets for $5 is garbage. Jose Ramirez isn’t a draw and neither is any other mexican on Top Rank. Time for you to admit this instead of trying to divert the topic.

Top Rank, Fresno, CA, Two mexicans fighting and the most expensive ticket was $147. Only 60 people bought those lmaoooo.
                  As I said, the WBC runs Wilder. Mexicans run Wilder. And Ramirez ain’t Canelo. But you can pretend Ramirez is the heart of Mexicans... as long as he beat Hooker’s ass we Al’s good my nizzle!

Comment

Damn this is straight fire!

I’m always told by Mexican boxing fans that a Mexican runs boxing and that Mexican’s always sell out and bring the best fights in boxing!

Then they start the bigoted name calling like “y’all blackies always run n hold while real Mexican hunchos throw down like men with lots of Mexican fans in the crowd”

These are the facts, I might chime in with other Mexican fighters who they claim is “hot tickets” lol

Comment

I don’t understand the argument in this thread.

Boxing is a sport for poor people and always has been. It is supported by mostly poor to working class fans. That’s why the minorities are the one’s who perform in boxing and boxing’s attraction are always minorities because they’re the best because they are generally not good at anything else but sports due to not having opportunities for other things.

Right now Latinos and Blacks are the minorities of the United States. So they are the best in boxing. Eastern Europe is also increasingly becoming one of the best in boxing, but even then, the best European boxers come from rough/poor neighborhoods, like Latinos and African Americans.

Back then when Irish Americans, Italian Americans and Jewish Americans were the minority in the US, they were the best in boxing, and they were generally poor. They now have better opportunities, so they generally don’t box anymore but still support boxing due to their rich history in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X