Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is nationality the main criteria in determining whether you like a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is nationality the main criteria in determining whether you like a boxer?

Do you decide to like a boxer based on nationality or the excitement he brings?

Do you prefer boxers who run out the clock for UDs who are the same nationality as yourself, or exciting fighters from elsewhere who make a statement with a KO?
    Yes, I root for boxers from my home country whether they are boring or not
    14.29%
    No, I'd sooner watch an exciting boxer from somewhere else
    85.71%

No,,, doesn't matter where a guy is from, I like a fighter for the way he fights and personality

Calzaghe
    Hatton
    Ggg
    Manny
    Kovolev
    Ike quartey
    Trinidad
    Cotto
    Jirov
    Chavez sr

Doesn't matter to me.. I rooter for chavez vs meldrick, and pernell

Comment

As for myself, I have favorite boxers from all over the world.

UK - Joshua
      Russia - Kovalev
      Kazakhstan - Golovkin
      Philippines - Pacquiao
      USA - David Benavidez
      Poland - Glowacki
      Ukraine - Derevyanchenko

What they have in common: they are all exciting and all go for the KO rather than run out the clock for dull UDs.

Comment

I enjoy watching complete fighters with high ring IQ. Those that can fight inside/outside, forward/backwards/off the ropes, counter/lead, maintain defensive responsibility, have great footwork, throw every punch from every range, know when to throw what punch, can set traps effectively, commit to the body, vary their jab, mix up their attack offensively, etc. Can do all of these things at a high level. Examples include:

Roberto Duran
        Floyd Mayweather
        Pernell Whitaker
        Erik Morales
        Marco Antonio Barrera
        Andre Ward
        Bernard Hopkins
        Ricardo Lopez

There's nothing more frustrating than seeing a talented boxer get exposed from lacking fundamental shi* such as cutting off the ring, having no inside game, pulling straight back, inability to adjust, lacking the discipline to stick to a gameplan, etc.

Comment

I don't give a crap about skin color varaiations. If you can sling them thangs... I love you.

Pugilistic Poetry and no race has a monopoly!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Do you prefer boxers who run out the clock for UDs who are the same nationality as yourself, or exciting fighters from elsewhere who make a statement with a KO?
            I dont care about kos, how about that?

I prefer boxers, whether their name is Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, Gvozdzyk or Rigondeaux.

I hate brawlers whether their name is Stevenson, Pacquiao, Porter or Thurman.

Comment

Not a main criteria but it matters. I love seeing American Boxers achieve. But I support fighters of all nationalities.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

I personally like winners...idc if its a kayo artist or cutie....I dissect what they do to succeed and try to understand how and why the technique works. Appreciate the craft and hard work

I havent watched boxing for blood and guts in years.

Comment

i don't root for all british boxers (except in international competitions like the olympics and WSB), but i am biased in favour of them and like to see british boxing as a whole doing well

but i'm also biased in favour of boxer-punchers and boxers who make me laugh. and sometimes i just take a liking to random fighters for no real reason

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    I dont care about kos, how about that?

I prefer boxers, whether their name is Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, Gvozdzyk or Rigondeaux.

I hate brawlers whether their name is Stevenson, Pacquiao, Porter or Thurman.
                    Pacquiao is not a brawler, Thurman isn't either.

There's a difference between an unskilled brawler, and a skillful seek-and-destroy boxer-puncher.

Comment

Working...
                    X