No announcement yet.

If John L Sullivan were active today would he be THE champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If John L Sullivan were active today would he be THE champ

How would he fair in the current heavyweight division? He was virtually undefeated until he decided to fight 1 last fight against the great "Gentleman Jim" Corbett.
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM.

lol, i hope youre joking...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post

They should make modern boxers wear that gear like they make football teams wear retro uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        They should make modern boxers wear that gear like they make football teams wear retro uniforms.
        lol. would cater to a certain type of fanbase i must say...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          He was known to fight for hours and im not sure current heavyweights have that type of stamina

Comment

He'd get knocked out by anyone in the top 50. Completely different eras of Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
              He was known to fight for hours and im not sure current heavyweights have that type of stamina
              stop it. i know you dont even believe that, so why push it?

he would lose to any top 25 heavyweight, with ease. you know this as much as I do

Comment

KOed early, made to look silly, probably retire early into depression and alcohol with an early death, but not before he doubles the membership of ********** in Boston overnight.

Comment

If you like beamed him in sci fi style through some sort of time warp and just planted him in there with wlad he'd be in BIG trouble. But if he was born in this era and had modern training techniques and diet etc he would probably be as dominant now as he was then.

Comment

dude used to drink whiskey between rounds. come on, son. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X