No announcement yet.

Andre Berto's Biloxi Blues‏‏

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
    As for the paydays, I'm told Ortiz is getting 5 million and Berto 800K.

Berto clearly lost more than just his "O" and his WBC belt last April.
    800k ???
    and how much do berto's opponents usually get? what do you think zavec is going to get? i find it hard to believe that he would fight for any less than 500k. considering he's been getting around 100-150k$ in slovenia (70k$ for the fight + sponsorship) and this is a very risky fight for zavec.if he loses his belt, his only bargaining chip will be gone. let's face it hbo and db agreed to this fight only because of the strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
      800k ???
      and how much do berto's opponents usually get? what do you think zavec is going to get? i find it hard to believe that he would fight for any less than 500k. considering he's been getting around 100-150k$ in slovenia (70k$ for the fight + sponsorship) and this is a very risky fight for zavec.if he loses his belt, his only bargaining chip will be gone. let's face it hbo and db agreed to this fight only because of the strap.
      I can ask around but my guess on Zaveck would be no more than 250K.

It's strange how information about the purses has gotten so hard to find, and it kinda seems like people don't even really care. Back in the 80's and 90's, the purse amounts were like a part of the promotion, and fighters seemed to enjoy bragging rights for purses, these days it's like a big old secret or something.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
        I can ask around but my guess on Zaveck would be no more than 250K.

It's strange how information about the purses has gotten so hard to find, and it kinda seems like people don't even really care. Back in the 80's and 90's, the purse amounts were like a part of the promotion, and fighters seemed to enjoy bragging rights for purses, these days it's like a big old secret or something.
        yeah hmm if you ask zavec this question he's gonna say one of two things:
        i earn enough or
        i don't ask you how much you earn so i expect the same from you...

but i thought hbo does publicize this info. i often see people posting the numbers here on the forum.

and 250k is low imo...

Comment

Bump for tonight's fight.

KO Digest Q's to Zaveck and Berto. Plus fireworks w/ Lou DiBella.

Comment

Working...
          X