No announcement yet.

Prime Kostya Tszyu vs. prime Julio Cesar Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Kostya Tszyu vs. prime Julio Cesar Chavez

They fought when Chavez was past it and we know what happened there. But how would things have gone if they both had met at their peaks?

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    They fought when Chavez was past it and we know what happened there. But how would things have gone if they both had met at their peaks?
    Although I'm a much bigger fan of Tszyu, I'd take JCC by a late stoppage. Like you said, the Chavez who fought KT was totally shot and just there for the check.

Comment

hard to say, I think Tszyu is one of the best fighters ever, but a prime Chavez is very difficult.
      50:50 fight maybe...

Comment

Ricky Hatton schools 'em both.

Comment

A prime Chavez stops Tszyu around the tenth round.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
            Ricky Hatton schools 'em both.
            nobody asked, but IMO, either in their prime both school Hatton, easily

Comment

Close fight that Chavez takes. Unlike most, if we're talking a peak Tszyu, then i think he'd go the distance in a close, but losing fight. He struggled with weight against Phillips and had taken to believing his own hype, which led to his downfall.

It's certainly a possibility though....late TKO that is.

Comment

I think chavez takes a tough brutal decision,,,

Would look alot like the chavez-rosario fight IMO

Tsyzu was great but i think a chavez circa 85-88 breaks him down

It would be an exciting fight

Comment

Big fan of both fighters but Chavez in his prime would have too much for Tszyu I think, Tszyu needed some space to let his jab and that laser beam of a right hand go. Prime Chavez would smother that.

Comment

This is a very good matchup but I think prime Chavez would have found a way to break Tsyzu down late. Chavez would be the stalker in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X