No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    As I already said before, past his prime are probably not the best words to use, but he didn't fight the best Maidana. He fought him at a new weightclass, and he was coming off inactivity and against low rated opponents, whereas he was a top contender coming off fighting against top fighters vs Khan.
    I think u're confusing who was coming from a lay off...alexander was coming off an 8 month lay off...

alexander wasn't accustomed to fighting as a welterweight either and I honestly consider morales higher rated than cayo and a heavily faded corley who actually did a number on maidana

He came in with his head first a lot that night. Forgive Khan for pushing him away. Regarding the KD, I think Peterson himself said that the first was more of a KD than the second.
    if u look at the video he was pushing peterson down and away even when he wasn't close to being butted, and he got warned for it on those instances

Comment

• Khan gets my vote

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        We're comparing Khan and Alexander's wins over Maidana.

You claim Maidana is a "better fighter" now. I said that's because he's fighting weaker, more suitable opposition.

How do you then come back with "DURRR Khan looked bad against Diaz" as a viable retort?

Khan has held world titles and beaten numerous world class fighters. I ask again - Has Maidana?
        I meant MY reasoning includes how alexander has an edge over khan resume wise

I'm saying maidana is a better fighter now than he was when he faced khan but that wasn't my point...I was just pointing out alexander fought an equally good if not slightly improved version of maidana is all

-because khan hasn't got any quality wins at welterweight...in fact he doesn't even deserve to challenge alexander for his title

-to answer ur question: no maidana has not faced and beaten AS MANY world class fighters as khan, but he hasn't lost as much to the ones he faced either...I don't think that applies to khan as well does it?

It applies any time a fighter gets to choose how many rounds they fight. The fact that you discount this very salient point shows how ignorant you are. Just because it backfired against a better fighter in Matthysse doesn't mean that Alexander didn't use the 10 round stipulation to try to gain a huge advantage against two fighters who are dangerous up until the 12th and final round.
        the only one calling this a salient point is u...I don't think it's salient at all
        if it doesn't work into ur advantage...it's not an advantage...that simple

u're implying alexander and his team have some kind of crystal ball saying he's a got a way better chance at winning if they insist on a 10 round fight...while logic suggests that didn't work for them after the matthysse fight AND BEFORE the maidana fight

Comment

• Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          I meant MY reasoning includes how alexander has an edge over khan resume wise

I'm saying maidana is a better fighter now than he was when he faced khan but that wasn't my point...I was just pointing out alexander fought an equally good if not slightly improved version of maidana is all

-because khan hasn't got any quality wins at welterweight...in fact he doesn't even deserve to challenge alexander for his title

-to answer ur question: no maidana has not faced and beaten AS MANY world class fighters as khan, but he hasn't lost as much to the ones he faced either...I don't think that applies to khan as well does it?
          The point is that Maidana hasn't beaten any world class fighters and until he actually does, you can't really say he's improved.

Beating fighters that are fringe world level and more suited to your style doesn't mean you have improved.

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          the only one calling this a salient point is u...I don't think it's salient at all
          if it doesn't work into ur advantage...it's not an advantage...that simple

u're implying alexander and his team have some kind of crystal ball saying he's a got a way better chance at winning if they insist on a 10 round fight...while logic suggests that didn't work for them after the matthysse fight AND BEFORE the maidana fight
          It's like saying that if Canelo knocks Floyd out, then the 152 catchweight wasn't Floyd's idea for trying to gain an advantage because he lost

Sometimes **** backfires (Oscar cherry picking Manny is another example). Doesn't change the fact that it's easier to fight 10 rounds than 12 rounds. That's simple fuking mathematics. Ypu're discounting six full minutes of a fight as if they mean nothing.

Comment

• Gotta go with Alexander. I could see the training in people choosing Khan but I think Devon's resume is slightly better

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              The point is that Maidana hasn't beaten any world class fighters and until he actually does, you can't really say he's improved.

Beating fighters that are fringe world level and more suited to your style doesn't mean you have improved.
              it's ur opinion that they're more suited to maidana's style...I don't agree with that at all seeing as soto karass was the bigger if not stronger fighter and josesito was the boxer. I can tell he's improved by the way he paces himself and sets up punches better than he used to

It's like saying that if Canelo knocks Floyd out, then the 152 catchweight wasn't Floyd's idea for trying to gain an advantage because he lost
              entirely different......
              Sometimes **** backfires (Oscar cherry picking Manny is another example). Doesn't change the fact that it's easier to fight 10 rounds than 12 rounds. That's simple fuking mathematics. Ypu're discounting six full minutes of a fight as if they mean nothing.
              also entirely different...a catchweight suggests an advantage to the fighter able to make the weight more comfortably, a 10 round fight can work in both fighters' advantage...

I'm not discounting those two rounds, I'm discounting it works in one of the fighters' favor as evident in the matthysse fight

Comment

• Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                it's ur opinion that they're more suited to maidana's style...I don't agree with that at all seeing as soto karass was the bigger if not stronger fighter and josesito was the boxer. I can tell he's improved by the way he paces himself and sets up punches better than he used to
                Josesito Lopez and Soto are gatekeepers. Soto is a brawler who are the type of fighters that Maidana shines against. Lopez boxes a bit but has never proved to be an world class boxer.

Wake me up when Maidana looks good against a top level boxer and we'll see how much he's really improved. Broner will likely beat his ass comfortably.

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                also entirely different...a catchweight suggests an advantage to the fighter able to make the weight more comfortably, a 10 round fight can work in both fighters' advantage...

I'm not discounting those two rounds, I'm discounting it works in one of the fighters' favor as evident in the matthysse fight
                A 10 round fight is more advantageous to a non-punching boxer like Alexander than punchers like Maidana or Matthysse. Once again, it's simple logic. Use your head.

Why the hell do you think Alexander's team wanted 10 rounds if not for an advantage?

Comment

• I see Dirk Diggler UK is back after last weekend......

Comment

• Ayways. I gotta go with Khan.

Khan has wins over Kotelnik, Paulie, Maidana, Judah, and arguably a win over Peterson, it was a close fight.

Alexander has wins over Witter, Urango, Maidana, and Bailey. I don't really rate Alexanders wins over Lucas or Kotelnik, he didn't really beat them in my eyes. Judah has more of an argument at beating Lucas than Devon does.

Comment

• I am surprised Khan got the most votes. I vote for Alexander without a doubt. He only has one loss and two wins he should have lost. He has never been knocked out and only been knocked down once. He has won world titles at both 140 and 147. Khan has been KOed twice and never won a fight at 147.I think he will beat Khan with no problem if they fight. Khan was lucky to win his last fight against and unranked average fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X