No announcement yet.

My fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fight.

This is about a fight that happened some years ago.

An amateur boxing match. I'm sure that having a fight is more than most would-be haters on here would do, even just an amateur match.

I am a good wrestler. I am good at judo. Boxing is a little different, but I trained in boxing for a while, and I did my best.

I was stopped at the end of the second round, in the corner. I was given one or two standing 8 counts in the first round.

I think, that my second round was much better than my first round. In the first, I was thinking way too much that it was going to be like a sparring match, where you just go out, calmly, and work behind the jab, etc.

Little did I now, a fight was about to break out.

To my further misfortune, my fight was also the first one on the night. So, I had no chance to see how the other matches went, and I had never actually seen an amateur boxing competition before.

I had a horrendous first round, where I was knocked around all over the place, and as I mentioned given one or two standing 8 counts.

I came out in the second round, determined to take it to this guy. I just went out, balls to the wall. I threw at him everything I had.

He still got his licks in. He was a decent fighter, for our level of competition. I think I hit him with some good shots. But, he still kept coming. I do think I put a little fear in him though, with the way I came on in the second round.

After the second round, my trainer stopped the fight. He told me later that he did so, because he looked at me and I was just completely gassed. I expended all of my juice in that second round.

you live and you learn sounds like you lost that fight in the gym, didnt get enough DIFFERENT kind of sparring so the guy style bother you more then it should have, but hey its the amatuers its what its for. I remember my first lost in the amatuer was this tall ass fucker her jsut kept tagging me trying to close the distance, I never sparred anyone taller then me before that.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      you live and you learn sounds like you lost that fight in the gym, didnt get enough DIFFERENT kind of sparring so the guy style bother you more then it should have, but hey its the amatuers its what its for. I remember my first lost in the amatuer was this tall ass fucker her jsut kept tagging me trying to close the distance, I never sparred anyone taller then me before that.
      Interesting comment, because my main sparing partner was a tall guy.

The guy I fought, was about my height.

I sparred guys my height, but I always beat the hell out of them in the gym. This was a guy that could fight, a little bit. So, he gave me trouble, indeed. It's like you say, I wasn't prepared for the style.

Comment

Working...
      X