Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez arguably beat Pac twice and he's not a legit opponent ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    so pacquiao has always had an age advantage? everybody knows age and "boxing age" are different. . . marquez is better than ever with his newfound jab, aggressiveness, and work-rate. . .

pacquiao does not hold a size, nor weight advantage over marquez. it's just that marquez has been CUTTING WEIGHT to make 135, whereas Pacquiao has just stopped cutting weight and fighting at his "walking around" weight. . . Pacquiao and Marquez BOTH REHYDRATE TO THE SAME WEIGHT. . . I will give you 100 million points if Pacquiao outweights Marquez by more than 2 pounds on fight-night. . . THEY WILL WALK IN THE RING THE SAME WEIGHT?! So riddle me this. . HOW is there a "size and weight' advantage?

Marquez has fought ONE FIGHT at 144 pounds, and that was against the best defensive fighter of our era - the HARDEST style for anyone to fight. . . IT IS A NOOB MISTAKE to assume he can't perform well against a guy he took to the edge and back twice. . . Marquez will have just as much of an advantage of NOT CUTTING WEIGHT as pacquiao has. . . This will give us an idea of how their fight would turn out back in the olden days before 24 hour weigh-ins
    Thank You. For some reason, the *****s dont seem to understand this!

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      why isn't it? please tell me why? do pac and marquez both not rehydrate to 148? does marquez not have an inch height on pac? did marquez not take pacquiao to the edge and back two times?

has marquez ever fought anybody else aside from the best defensive fighter of our era at 144?
      No matter how much positive spin you attempt to push on it. Marquez is a 38 year old battle worn fighter who is ineffective above the weight of 135lbs.....yes its that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
        Please, come here and explain yourselves you guys, cause I don't get it.

How can a guy who gave hell to Pac twice and arguably won is now a joke fight, a crap fight, etc. I don't get it.

Marquez has become the lineal LW champ, unified champ since he lost to Pacquiao. In other words, they have both been very successful pursuing their goals and their careers.

And now it's a crap fight ???
        He's not a legit opponent because he doesn't belong at welterweight.

He's a small lightweight as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Thank You. For some reason, the *****s dont seem to understand this!
          Eh, you can save the "*****" crap for the morons that think this site is a popularity contest. It has nothing to do with Floyd Mayweather.

This fight isn't going to tell us a god damn thing about what would have happened at there been an immediate rematch.

Comment

Also, it's funny watching a lot of the same posters crying about how Mayweather was far too big to be fighting Marquez, come into this thread defending this Marquez/Pacquiao fight.

I sure as hell hope I don't see any of you guys claiming Mayweather should be fighting Pacquiao, because by YOUR OWN admission, Mayweather is far too big for Pacquiao.

"Too big for Marquez, but not too big for Pacquiao. And they're the same size?"

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Better question is, what will be the difference in fight night weights between the first 2 fights, and this upcoming fight? Before u answer this question, research what they both weighed on fight night for their first 2 fights.
              PAC won't have to drain himself this time around though

Comment

I think it will be a war on 12 November, these two match up pretty even in my eyes. If my little brother now out weighs me by 5 pounds does that mean he going to whip my butt now? Just saying......styles make fights.

Comment

38 year old JMM, above his best weight, with added wear and tear, and Pac after Ariza shakes = mismatch.
                  At least on paper it looks like JMM is in for a beating. I guess we will have to see if JMM surprises us and turns back the clock for this fight.

Comment

Ok. I am going explain how this fight is a total mismatch.

First, I think we can all agree that the 1st two fights between Pac and Marquez was a war. In another words, that version of Pacquiao was able to knock down Marquez 4 times in two fights and give him a hard time. Let's look at that version of Pacquiao. A fighter who came forward head first, arms swinging, no head movements, no counters, and strictly relied on his speed and power and a left handed puncher. That Pacquiao gave Marquez a hell of a time. Now, let's look at today's Pacquiao. A fighter who can counter, has good head movements and lateral movements, good footwork, and a both handed puncher.

On top of that, we also have to take age into consideration. Pacquiao is 32 (I think he recently turned 33) I believe. Still young enough to be a prime fighter. Marquez is almost 40. I don't know about you, but I doubt that a 40 year old Marquez can fight like the 33 year old Marquez.

On top of that, Marquez has one of the weakest chins I've ever seen. (But the biggest heart). The weakest chin vs one of the hardest punchers not in lightweight, but in welterweight.

On top of that, Marquez, a lightweight fighter, is climbing up to welterweight. A weight class Pacquiao has been fighting at for 3 years. In another words, a weight class Pacquiao is comfortable at. They're not even meeting half way. Marquez is doing the whole 100% move. (Please don't tell me weight isn't an issue).

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      No matter how much positive spin you attempt to push on it. Marquez is a 38 year old battle worn fighter who is ineffective above the weight of 135lbs.....yes its that simple.
                      Yet JMM weighed above 140 on fight night for his first 2 fights with Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X