No announcement yet.

discipline,discipline,discipline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discipline,discipline,discipline

how do you discipline yourself in what you do like waking up at 5am, do weights, and exercises? once in a while i get the urge to get my stomach some packs but i cant keep it up. one week i do the routines then i simply give up for several weeks then i try again. one of those lazy fits.

im not aspiring to be a boxer, just wanna be in excellent shape.

Comment

To start off don't get too involved ... just cut back on the size and frequency and increase the frequency of your cardio. Don't worry bout the speed AT ALL.

If you run more often, maybe gradually increase the DISTANCE, you'll see a difference and it will be relatively easy.

Comment

Originally posted by outofline
        how do you discipline yourself in what you do like waking up at 5am, do weights, and exercises? once in a while i get the urge to get my stomach some packs but i cant keep it up. one week i do the routines then i simply give up for several weeks then i try again. one of those lazy fits.
        OK. This works for any goal you set. This is going to sound corny (depending on how old you are) but it works for everyone I mentor personally.

First, identify WHY you want to be in excellent shape. Is it b/c you want to get all the hot chicks, b/c someone in your family died of bad health, etc. WHY? Got me.
        Second, write it down and post everywhere in your house.
        Third, tell people. This holds you accountable. Again depending how old you are, it will sound corny but it works.

Comment

True hit it. You have to hold yourself accountable, and ask yourself why. Another thing to think about is you will only do the on and off thing for so long before you either quit altogether, or decide you really want to be in shape. So you want to make up your mind.

Comment

thats so true man the reason I get so into school and boxing and drums is because I dont want to be poor again. so I just tell myself that every time I want to skip a run or not do my homework or whatever.

you just have to have a goal and every time you want to skip something just think of your goal.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEVisionDC
              OK. This works for any goal you set. This is going to sound corny (depending on how old you are) but it works for everyone I mentor personally.

First, identify WHY you want to be in excellent shape. Is it b/c you want to get all the hot chicks, b/c someone in your family died of bad health, etc. WHY? Got me.
              Second, write it down and post everywhere in your house.
              Third, tell people. This holds you accountable. Again depending how old you are, it will sound corny but it works.
              I nominate ThaGreatest for doing no.3 the most .

Comment

you can only get yourself physically strong when you have the mental strength ahead of it. Mind over matter my friend, if you want it bad enough you will do it, just like smoking ciggs I did for 5 years and said you know what I cant continue to be a good fighter if i smoke all the time because some day it's going to hit me and i will start to notice a change in my stamina and i was not willing to do that so i just put them down and didnt even pick them up. When you want something bad enough you will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by eXig3
                  I nominate ThaGreatest for doing no.3 the most .

Amir Khan and Chavez Jr won't stand my wrath..

I will be the next undisputed champion of any weight that god puts me in..

I am the Greatest!

Comment

thanks guys, the articles in this corner is great help to me, ive been at it again for several days now and i think i can do this. my motivation is that seeing you guys doing it. my first mini-goal is to get rid of this love handles. its hard getting up at 5 but i run at 7am. not really running but running + walking. then i do routine exercises at 10am and 7pm, i read these are the perfect times to do it when muscles are very active.

Comment

Working...
                    X