Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Green vs Anthony Mundine - Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Green vs Anthony Mundine - Who's Greater?

Danny 'The Green Machine' Green

World Titles

WBC Super Middleweight Champion (Interim)
    WBA Light Heavyweight Champion
    IBO Cruiserweight Champion

Notable Wins

Eric Lucas
    Stipe Drews
    Julio Cesar Dominguez
    Otis Griffin
    Roy Jones Jr
    Manny Siaca

Notable Losses

Markus Beyer (x 2)
    Anthony Mundine

Anthony 'The Man' Mundine

World Titles

2 Time WBA Super Middleweight Champion
    IBO Middleweight Champion

Notable Wins

Sam Soliman (x 3)
    Antwun Echols
    Nader Hamdan
    Danny Green
    Jose Alberto Clavero
    Shannan Taylor
    Daniel Geale

Notable Losses

Mikkel Kessler
    Sven Ottke
    Manny Siaca
    Anthony Mundine
    77.78%
    Danny Green
    22.22%

Mundine for mine. Not only did he beat him but he has the better wins on his resume IMO. Echols and Green are better than any of the guys Green beat when you take into consideration the times at which he beat them. Jones was shot to **** when Green fought him and Lucas was also way past his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      Mundine for mine. Not only did he beat him but he has the better wins on his resume IMO. Echols and Green are better than any of the guys Green beat when you take into consideration the times at which he beat them. Jones was shot to **** when Green fought him and Lucas was also way past his best.
      I must agree. Danny Green's most notable wins were over Roy Jones Jr and Stipe Drews. Roy Jones had been Knocked Out by Glen Johnson and Tarver. Not to mention he got slapped around by Calzaghe. He was absolutely shot to **** when Danny Green beat him.

Also, If you have seen the Stipe Drews fight you would know that Drews was obviously payed to throw the fight. That was a mockery of a World Title fight. Drews didn't even want to engage and it was boring as ****.

We have to also consider Mundine's loss to Sven Ottke was when he only had 10 pro fights and was boxing for only 1 year. Mundine should never have taken that fight soo early in his career. Futhermore, Mundine lost to an undefeated prime Mikkel Kessler and imo put in a tremendous performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
        I must agree. Danny Green's most notable wins were over Roy Jones Jr and Stipe Drews. Roy Jones had been Knocked Out by Glen Johnson and Tarver. Not to mention he got slapped around by Calzaghe. He was absolutely shot to **** when Danny Green beat him.

Also, If you have seen the Stipe Drews fight you would know that Drews was obviously payed to throw the fight. That was a mockery of a World Title fight. Drews didn't even want to engage and it was boring as ****.

We have to also consider Mundine's loss to Sven Ottke was when he only had 10 pro fights and was boxing for only 1 year. Mundine should never have taken that fight soo early in his career. Futhermore, Mundine lost to an undefeated prime Mikkel Kessler and imo put in a tremendous performance.
        Obviously Jones was very shot when Green beat him. Nobody with a clue denies that.

I don't think Drews was paid to throw it, he is just that ****.

Well Mundine's LOSS to Ottke isn't a bad thing in terms of how it places him relative to Green. Ottke obviously retired undefeated with wins over some very good fighters (regardless of whether or not they were legit). Sven KO'ing Mundine is funny though, given I'm not sure he could hurt my mother.

I wouldn't call Mundine's performance against Kessler "tremendous". He didn't disgrace himself but I felt that he defined himself as a B-class fighter in that fight. Instead of putting everything out there like he needed to do to win he retreated into his shell and was prepared to box his way to a wide decision loss.

Comment

Obviously Jones was very shot when Green beat him. Nobody with a clue denies that.

I don't think Drews was paid to throw it, he is just that ****.

Well Mundine's LOSS to Ottke isn't a bad thing in terms of how it places him relative to Green. Ottke obviously retired undefeated with wins over some very good fighters (regardless of whether or not they were legit). Sven KO'ing Mundine is funny though, given I'm not sure he could hurt my mother.

I wouldn't call Mundine's performance against Kessler "tremendous". He didn't disgrace himself but I felt that he defined himself as a B-class fighter in that fight. Instead of putting everything out there like he needed to do to win he retreated into his shell and was prepared to box his way to a wide decision loss.
          I don't rank Ottke very highly. The Refs in Germany can go to ****ing hell. But relative to Green's opponents, that loss doesn't really hurt Mundine's ranking imo. Mundine put in a good performance vs Kessler and proved he could hang on a world level. Green is yet to pull off something like that. I guess a fight with Briggs will tell us what he really is made of, even though Briggs is coming off a long lay-off and is the smaller man.

Green blew that first fight with Beyer and he was totally outclassed by Mundine. I reckon that fight was Mundine's best performance to date.

Also, I love how 3 unknown posters have already 1 starred my thread. LMAO. No doubt it was the zionists on these boards. They just can't seem to get off my nuts.

Comment

I don't rank Ottke very highly. The Refs in Germany can go to ****ing hell. But relative to Green's opponents, that loss doesn't really hurt Mundine's ranking imo. Mundine put in a good performance vs Kessler and proved he could hang on a world level. Green is yet to pull off something like that. I guess a fight with Briggs will tell us what he really is made of, even though Briggs is coming off a long lay-off and is the smaller man.

Green blew that first fight with Beyer and he was totally outclassed by Mundine. I reckon that fight was Mundine's best performance to date.

Also, I love how 3 unknown posters have already 1 starred my thread. LMAO. No doubt it was the zionists on these boards. They just can't seem to get off my nuts.
            How is a fight with Paul at this stage going to tell us that? Briggs is coming off a massive lay off and looked horrible last time out.

Green beating Briggs will tell us absolutely nothing.

Comment

How is a fight with Paul at this stage going to tell us that? Briggs is coming off a massive lay off and looked horrible last time out.

Green beating Briggs will tell us absolutely nothing.
              Yeah mate if you read the entire sentence I mentioned that also. But Green's level of comp has been C level his entire career that this version of Briggs is still better than 95% of Greens opposition to date.

Comment

Also, what are your thoughts on Mundine's plans to fight at JMW??? I am of the opinion that Mundine was never really a true SMW, but a Middleweight. The lowest Mundine has ever been was 159 pounds and that was in his last fight vs Medley.

Do you believe Mundine can even make the 154 limit??? His next fight will be at that weight and it will be very interesting to see if he can make the weight. I find it surprising that he is also ranked #3 by the WBA at 154. LMAO

Comment

Also, what are your thoughts on Mundine's plans to fight at JMW??? I am of the opinion that Mundine was never really a true SMW, but a Middleweight. The lowest Mundine has ever been was 159 pounds and that was in his last fight vs Medley.

Do you believe Mundine can even make the 154 limit??? His next fight will be at that weight and it will be very interesting to see if he can make the weight. I find it surprising that he is also ranked #3 by the WBA at 154. LMAO
                  I think mundine is really trying to find ways to get the public interested in his fights.

He didn't try to get a big name at middle weight.

I think Mundine is running out of ways to market himself in a way. Mundine is passed it, no chance of a legacy worth talking about long after he gives the game away.

Comment

Scratch that. Mundine is ranked #2 behind Antonio Margarito. He hasn't even had a fight at that weight. How does that work?

http://www.wbaonline.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X