Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams Can and Will Dethrone "Money May" Cuz of His Style??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Paul Williams at his best would beat Mayweather by decision.

Comment

well look at what quintana did in the first fight. Mayweather would do the exact same thing but would even do it better.

Comment

You need to be 1 of 2 things to have a chance to beat Floyd. 1 is you have to be physically superior in size & stength like Cotto & Margarito are. They seem like 2 to 3 natural weight classes bigger. Williams doesnt have that. He's like Clottey. Both of them are big but they dont abuse you with there strength and they dont have huge punching power. However, Williams still has a chance because of the 2nd reason and that is because he is a Southpaw. Southpaw's can give anyone hell. If Williams was exactly the same height, weight, and everything else that he is now, he would still get killed by Floyd because MM is just totally superior in every catagory. However, his Southpaw style to go along with his size and everything could give Floyd trouble but I definatly dont believe that he's a tougher match for Floyd then Cotto & Margarito are. He may be tougher in a P4P sense but at WW, Margarito & Cotto are so huge and much more physical then Floyd. I still think he beats all 3 though.

The best 3 things about Floyd is that he is the smartest fighter in the game, he can adjust on the fly better then anyone in the sport, and unlike the other great defensive guys he can change his style from fight to fight or even in the middle of a fight. Against Zab his normal D didnt work so then he started going with the Winky/Clottey defense and then the fight was over. I think thats what he will do to Williams. I think he will actually be Offensive and put the pressure on him just like he did Zab. He will come in behind the high guard like Clottey & Winky until he eventually breaks him down. He is by far the most underrated body puncher in the game. He always goes there with a variety of shots and with Williams long body, I have no doubt that Floyd will wear him down. People always think about guys like Cotto & Hatton who throw huge body shots but Floyd stays on the body all fight with all kinds of shots. It just doesnt get notice because he doesnt load up and throw them like haymakers but you can tell that it always has a huge effect on the opponent

Comment

floyd is too fast for him with his upperbody movement and blocking and paul is too vulnerable to body shots, and paul said it himself, that he'd be crazy to try to outbox floyd, so boxing floyd won't work for paul and floyd's defense is one of a kind, floyd beats paul in a good fight, but paul cannot beat floyd, period.

Comment

also, floyd would fight paul in the pocket and destroy him there, his stamina is too good and he has very smart workrate.

Comment

well put genltemen. you have valid points, floyd does jab to the pit of the stomach well very well. George Foreman loves when he does that!

Comment

Working...
              X