Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of yoga is best for boxing? Seeking expert advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before boxing, in my adolescence I was involved in Chinese martial arts stuff for some 3 years. You know, wing chun, gong fui, tai chi, chi energy, balance...
    Boxing made me realize all nothing but bullshid, as legit as Hogwartz school for witchcraft and wizardry.

Comment

Kundalini.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
        Before boxing, in my adolescence I was involved in Chinese martial arts stuff for some 3 years. You know, wing chun, gong fui, tai chi, chi energy, balance...
        Boxing made me realize all nothing but bullshid, as legit as Hogwartz school for witchcraft and wizardry.
        You should have stuck it out. Chi gong is terrific for your overall health and wing chun mixed with some boxing is very formidable for self defense.

Comment

Ashtanga and Power vinyasa would be most beneficial, bikram(hot) yoga too.
          I'd also highly recommend yin yoga for recovery/end of hard week of training

Comment

Originally posted by PhilPhilly View Post
            Ashtanga and Power vinyasa would be most beneficial, bikram(hot) yoga too.
            I'd also highly recommend yin yoga for recovery/end of hard week of training
            What is Yin yoga?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              What is Yin yoga?
              usually consists of a series of long-held, passive floor poses. Very very good for recovery, highly recommend

Comment

usually consists of a series of long-held, passive floor poses. Very very good for recovery, highly recommend
                Thanks for that, I was taking a bunch of different yoga classes last month and this one this girl taught was, Jiva -something - and it always had a different lonnnngggg floor pose that you hold. after awhile you just go numb and forget about the pain, it's nice. the science behind it, is, the longer you suffer in the stance, the more dopamine your brain is releasing, isn't that amazing! good to be alive.

I can't go anywhere for an extended length of time, but, I enjoy going for 1 month and 2 month bursts, absorbing all the knowledge, then applying it to my own personal practice. thats how i feel you really learn

Comment

How long are the sessions and would you suggest after every workout?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                    Thanks for that, I was taking a bunch of different yoga classes last month and this one this girl taught was, Jiva -something - and it always had a different lonnnngggg floor pose that you hold. after awhile you just go numb and forget about the pain, it's nice. the science behind it, is, the longer you suffer in the stance, the more dopamine your brain is releasing, isn't that amazing! good to be alive.

I can't go anywhere for an extended length of time, but, I enjoy going for 1 month and 2 month bursts, absorbing all the knowledge, then applying it to my own personal practice. thats how i feel you really learn
                    Honestly its surreal but feels so good! Glad you experienced that

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    How long are the sessions and would you suggest after every workout?
                    No need to, just go once a week.. infact just find a local yoga studio, ideally a small one. There is PLENTY in London bro, I'm in south I have a really local 1. Sessions are 45mins to an hour. Experiment and find what resonates and works for you most effectively. All forms of yoga will benefit you're well being.

Comment

Honestly its surreal but feels so good! Glad you experienced that

No need to, just go once a week.. infact just find a local yoga studio, ideally a small one. There is PLENTY in London bro, I'm in south I have a really local 1. Sessions are 45mins to an hour. Experiment and find what resonates and works for you most effectively. All forms of yoga will benefit you're well being.
                      They have plenty of yoga places around where I am. Too bad no sessions at my gym, which has classes for everything else.

Comment

Working...
                      X