Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of those boxers will be Anthony Joshua's most challenging / toughest opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of those boxers will be Anthony Joshua's most challenging / toughest opponents?

Which current heavyweight boxer out of all these current top heavyweight boxers will be Anthony Joshua's most challenging / toughest opponent today?

1) Alexander Povetkin

2) David Haye

3) Deontay Wilder

4) Jarrell Miller

5) Joseph Parker

6) Kubrat Pulev

7) Luis Ortiz
    Alexander Povetkin
    9.09%
    David Haye
    9.09%
    Deontay Wilder
    59.09%
    Jarrell Miller
    4.55%
    Joseph Parker
    13.64%
    Kubrat Pulev
    0.00%
    Luis Ortiz
    4.55%

I voted the Windmill of Doom is the most likely to beat AJ because of his speed, power, reach,good work rate and stamina and a very good left jab.

Comment

Wilder due to his erratic power punching. But i still make AJ favourite.

If Ortiz still looks fresh and young and beats Wilder then he could have a great shout as well.

If I could get a look at Usyk as a proffessional HW, and he can effectively uss his speed and accuaracy like he did at SHW in the WSB, then he would be a big test aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Wilder due to his erratic power punching. But i still make AJ favourite.
        This.

Povetkin looks a better boxer but maybe time is catching up (or his previous power was assisted). Whichever he may have the technique to trouble AJ but not sure he still has the power. So Wilder, then Povetkin, then maybe Parker edges a fading Ortiz. Don't think Haye has enough left in the tank but on past accomplishments / hitting power he can be next. Pulev next then Miller last.

Comment

You need a combination of size , durability and refined skills to fight outside and inside to make a actual competitive fight to actually win rounds against Joshua and make it challenging.

The two guys that stand out are Wilder and Ortiz as far as chances of winning .

Ortiz has all the attributes i mentioned . Wilder is more of a dangerous fight but Ortiz has the ability to last longer . Ortiz at 240 pounds would just overall be harder to push around and a back foot fighter itself like Wilder makes an easier fight for Joshua .

I believe Povetkin could be second in terms of a competitive fight but lacks size and needs tostay constantly close which plays right into Joshuas strengths .

Parker and Pulev would be his easiest fights and Haye is an unknown due to injuries .

Miller? Hed be a big punching bag ,im not really sure where i would rate him ?
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-22-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Easily Wilder, that is why there is no rush to fight him.

Comment

Parker, Ortiz and Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                Which current heavyweight boxer out of all these current top heavyweight boxers will be Anthony Joshua's most challenging / toughest opponent today?

1) Alexander Povetkin

2) David Haye

3) Deontay Wilder

4) Jarrell Miller

5) Joseph Parker

6) Kubrat Pulev

7) Luis Ortiz
                Wilder would be the most difficult or the easiest. I think this is a fight in which either Wilder's speed and unorthodox punches catches Joshua before he gets into a rhythm or Joshua withstands the initial barrage long enough to take advantage of the openings Wilder will give him.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                  Wilder would be the most difficult or the easiest. I think this is a fight in which either Wilder's speed and unorthodox punches catches Joshua before he gets into a rhythm or Joshua withstands the initial barrage long enough to take advantage of the openings Wilder will give him.
                  I doubt Wilder's chances of knocking out Joshua is any higher than the chances that Wladimir Klitschko had of knocking out Joshua. And Wilder doesn't have the sufficient punch resistance either. Probably even worse than Wladimir Klitschko's and has significantly inferior boxing abilities in comparison.

Someone with a good combination of punch resistance, punching power and technical boxing skills is going to stand a much better chance at beating Joshua. I'd say that Alexander Povetkin, Luis Ortiz and Kubrat Pulev will all have the greatest chances of beating Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                    I doubt Wilder's chances of knocking out Joshua is any higher than the chances that Wladimir Klitschko had of knocking out Joshua.
                    I disagree. Wladdy is skilled and powerfully but he's not really full of surprises. He limits his offensive output and the types of punches he throws to protect his chin. And he's not exactly quick. Wilder is much quicker and more athletic. He also throws a lot more punches from angles people who worry about getting knocked out wouldn't throw them from (for better or for worse). I think he has a better chance of catching Joshua with something he doesn't expect especially early in the fight before Joshua gets into a rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                    X