Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Pacquiao's opponents get paid more money than Floyd's opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Mayweather is an arrogant, greedy little fella.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChequeHook View Post
      Here is a purse breakdown of Floyd and Manny's most recent and upcoming opponent paydays:

Brandon Rios - $4 million guarantee
      Timothy Bradley - $6 million guarantee
      Chris Algieri - $1.5 million
      Total $11.5 Million

Canelo Alvarez - $5 million guarantee
      Marcos Maidana 1 - $1.5 million guarantee
      Marcos Maidana 2 - $3 million guarantee
      Total $9.5 million

It's interesting that Chris Algieri is getting paid just as much as Maidana got paid for his first fight with Mayweather. Even more interesting is that Rios earned more for his fight than Maidana earned in the rematch.

Also worth noting is that Cotto earned $12 million vs Pacquiao and $8 million vs Mayweather. Does anybody know why Pacquiao's opponents get paid more?
      BOXREC
      Mayweather was guaranteed a record $41.5 million purse, while Alvarez was expected to make about $12 million

According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Mayweather was guaranteed $32 million and Maidana $1.5 million. Both fighters also shared a portion of the pay-per-view revenue

I believe I also heard that Maidana received all of Argentina's PPV sales in the rematch. (I have o idea if that's true or not)

Nevada State Athletic Commission, called for him to earn a record-tying guarantee of $32 million. Guerrero earned a career-high $3 million, plus a share of the pay-per-view profits.

Cotto was guaranteed $8 million plus a share of the pay-per-view profits.

Comment

• Did you know Pacquiao pay his "Yes" men more than Mayweather pay his?

Comment

Working...
        X