Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    The ones that are scared of losing is hearn & Aj, period. D.Wilder & everyone knows this fight is worth more for both fighters....The longer this stalling goes the more you will have to pay D.Wilder.
    Not really, if Joshua fights is the US he will sell out the Barclays and do bigger numbers on Showtime and that would give Wilder even less bargaining power. AJ's stardom is going from strength to strength. Wilder is stuck, he can't afford to pay to fight anyone decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
      Because they stated that 12.5 IS more than fair based on Wilder's worth, i.e., what he's bringing to the fight.

Basically, how many asses in seats ,and eyeballs on television sets could Joshua do without Wilder as opposed to with Wilder?

So they're saying that 12.5 is already more than he's worth, and they've learned based on past fights and won't make that mistake again.

Do you know what the actual gate revenue was?? Do we know for a fact all those 14k tickets were SOLD, or was there like a few thousand of those COMPED?

Regardless, ok, let's say Wilder did sell every single one of those 14K tickets. Well, um, Joshua sells 70-90K TICKETS.

And more importantly, Joshua is a PROVEN PPV COMMODITY! Wilder is not!! You know why Wilder hasn't been oN PPV in America yet?? Because his people, the ones who would have to put the money up and take the risk, don't believe he is worth the risk! They think the 1.5-2.5 flat fee offers made by Showtime for the television rights are more than what he could do on PPV, or close enough to the point of PPV not being worth the risk.

Do you realize that Wilder's career high purse was going to be IN RUSSIA?!!?!? Because Povetkin was even the A-side over Wilder!
      An American heavyweight that's pulling over 1 million views on premium cable and putting over 10k people in the arena is evidence of his popularity. He's literally the only HW who can do that outside of Joshua. There are only 4 or 5 fighters in all of the US who can do that actually.

I doubted his star power here too (for years) but the data doesn't lie. He went from averaging like 6k tickets, to about 12k now.

My point is that the evidence is there to support the idea that he's ready to pull in a solid number on PPV. In fact I think they would pull in above 500k in buys from this market if they somehow could put the fight in primetime. (Not sure how late fights air in the UK, but if they could get it close to 7pm ET, it could work.)

Americans love Heavyweights and people have been talking about this fight. I'm a lawyer in NYC with a crowd of friends that couldn't name any fighter outside of Floyd. And even in those circles people are talking about this fight. It's some big money in this fight on the US side.

Now if Hearn wants "marinate" it to run that number up, he should just say that. B/c I think that's what's really going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        I think the problem some have is fans seem to be more interested in assigning the duck label to one particular fighter than they are in "discussing" the business side.

Does it bother you that a "low-IQ scrub" has made millions and stands to make millions in his next couple of fights? Methinks so.
        Nah, not at all?? It doesn't bother me - what bothers me is not being able to see the best fights. What he eats and drinks ain't gonna make me shyte and piss.

It bothers me not being able to see the best fights get made. And Wilder, not knowing his role, is the one preventing the fight from being made.

So because of that - I'm going to pay attention to the negotiations, and as long as he's bytching out, I'm gonna talk as much shyte and have as much fun at his expense as possible.

Comment

On the low side potential revenue, of the offer is 31% of the profit. Why not just offer a 31% split instead of the flat fee?

Seems like Hearn wants to get Wilder to sign the flat fee, then reap all the benefits after the fight exceeds projections. Remember, there was no date, location, or timeframe in the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            Nah, not at all?? It doesn't bother me - what bothers me is not being able to see the best fights. What he eats and drinks ain't gonna make me shyte and piss.

It bothers me not being able to see the best fights get made. And Wilder, not knowing his role, is the one preventing the fight from being made.

So because of that - I'm going to pay attention to the negotiations, and as long as he's bytching out, I'm gonna talk as much shyte and have as much fun at his expense as possible.
            How is he preventing a fight by not accepting an offer that doesn't have a date, location, or timeframe?

I guess since its NSB **** talk doesn't have to make sense.

Comment

Joshua and Hearn have 1 week left before exorcize Joshua from the boxing world. If they should bypass Wilder this time then Joshua is dead to me. I will only see one champion at hvw and that’s Wilder. I’ll never speak the name of Hearn or Joshua again. This is unprecedented for me because it’s the last resort and hope that a top fighter accepts the challenge or love in infamy. And this is Joshuas last chance with me as a boxing fan. And from what tiny teef said it doesn’t look good.

I did this with Sven Ottke when 40 Cal called him out, and I did this with the fake ass bully Bowe when he ducked Lewis. I washed my hands with their careers. It’s a bit harsh but I’ve seen too many great first fights and great rematches where guys have put it all on the line and came out unscathed. I just let others judge them because I don’t have 1 positive thing to say about them. Not 1.

This is your last chance Anthony because if you don fight Wilder I will disregard you’re career totally. And I promise all of you that I will. Sounds stupid but I keep it G.

I am someone and I am no one!
              Last edited by Raggamuffin; 04-20-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                Serious parties never discuss numbers publicly. guess who?
                Wut?? YEs they do! They don't get into exact details, but they will throw out what is being offered/counter-offered, etc. because optics are VERY important.

Using the public is a great tool to encourage fights/fighters.

Just about every major fight figures were thrown around publicly?

Comment

Hearn statement is full of contradictions. Typical promoter talking. Who ever takes what ever he says serious deserves to be suckered by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    An American heavyweight that's pulling over 1 million views on premium cable and putting over 10k people in the arena is evidence of his popularity. He's literally the only HW who can do that outside of Joshua. There are only 4 or 5 fighters in all of the US who can do that actually.

I doubted his star power here too (for years) but the data doesn't lie. He went from averaging like 6k tickets, to about 12k now.

My point is that the evidence is there to support the idea that he's ready to pull in a solid number on PPV. In fact I think they would pull in above 500k in buys from this market if they somehow could put the fight in primetime. (Not sure how late fights air in the UK, but if they could get it close to 7pm ET, it could work.)

Americans love Heavyweights and people have been talking about this fight. I'm a lawyer in NYC with a crowd of friends that couldn't name any fighter outside of Floyd. And even in those circles people are talking about this fight. It's some big money in this fight on the US side.

Now if Hearn wants "marinate" it to run that number up, he should just say that. B/c I think that's what's really going on here.
                    Well put...

Comment

Still doing what it takes to sabotage the unification.

Comment

Working...
                      X