No announcement yet.

Floyd has selfish interest in Canelo beating GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nachos Nacho View Post
    Floyd wants Canelo to beat Golovkin, because then Floyd can say "Hey look guys I already beat Canelo and Canelo beat GGG, therefore I'm better than GGG."

Therefore anything Floyd says about the GGG-Canelo situation should be taken with a grain of salt. Floyd wants Canelo to wait till GGG gets old and then beat him, because it benefits Floyd himself.
    Of course. He also likes that Canelo is following in his ducking, marinating footsteps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      In 2005 Floyd Mayweather moved up to his 4th weight division (147) and the Dela Hoya fight presented itsef a year and a half later at 154, Floyd accepted 90-10 split in favor of Dela Hoya, Dela Hoya chose the judges, the ring and Mayweather's gloves, Floyd said fine let's just make the fight happen. Bear in mind, he was already the best P4P fighter in the world at the time and nobody was criticizing his level of opposition, but he still took that risk and that's what made him the star that he became.

Now look at GGG, never took no risks, acting like the A side with Canelo when he's clearly not while being criticized by more than 70% of the boxing fans for his resume and still not trying to make any concessions to make the big fights happen, why is he better than all the fighters before him that took risks to become stars in boxing? if he wants to be great then he needs to go through the same process, that's just fair and that's what Floyd means when he says Canelo doesn't owe GGG anything, GGG needs him and he's supposed to do whatever it takes to make the fight if he's confident in winning.
      I see where you're coming from, however there are multiple problems with what you're saying.
      1. Mayweather did not accept 90-10 split from Oscar De La Hoya. I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from. Oscar earned $52M while Mayweather earned $25M. Those numbers are verified That's a 66-33 split. Majority of the posters here, including me, have suggested 75-25 as a fair split for Golovkin-Canelo.

2. How is Golovkin acting like the A-Side? He's NEVER priced himself out of a fight. Money negotiations have never been a problem with him - except when guys like Lara (4mill now, 1m last year), Quillin ("May-Pac, 5-10mill type of money") or BJS (4m?) asked for way more than Golovkin has made.

You think he's acting like the A-side because he didn't immediately agree to Oscar's crappy offer? In most likelihood, Golovkin was offered a FLAT fee. That is what Oscar is on the record saying less than 2 weeks ago. He mentioned
        "PPV upside" on youtube later, which directly contradicts his earlier article. We don't know full details yet, but in most likelihood, there was no PPV upside.
      3. "Golovkin never took any risks" is another NSB lie that has been spread like wildfire by his detractors. He was in negotiations to fight Ward, Froch and Ramirez at 168. He offered to fight Floyd at 154. He said he's open to catchweights from Cotto and Canelo AFTER he gets the belt from them.

And while not fight related, keep in mind that Golovkin was in contract dispute with his promoter and moved himself and his whole family to a different country TWICE. That is more risks than 99% of fighters ever take.
      4. Canelo is not De La Hoya. He's simply not. Yes, he's the A-Side in the negotiations. Yes, he's probably the most popular current boxer. But that does NOT mean he's Oscar, Floyd or Manny.
      5. Your reasoning also directly contradicts everything there is about Canelo. What risks has he taken? What sacrifices has he made? What advantages has Canelo given up to become a star? Canelo "drained" 2 lbs against Floyd Mayweather. That's the extent of the sacrifices that he's ever made, yet he acts as if he's earned his way there. He hasn't.

Canelo took no risks to get where he is. As a matter of fact, he's the one who always has advantages in his matchups. He's ALWAYS the bigger man in the ring. I'm not talking about past year. I'm talking about last 5 years.

Canelo lost his biggest fight to date (Floyd), now he's faced with another rival - and what does he do in response? He throws away a belt because it means fighting on an even field. He seeks more advantages. He wanted to drain the 34 year old Golovkin 5 pounds. Now he wants to wait, hoping Golovkin gets old.

Now you say Golovkin needs Canelo. Why? Canelo has 2 things that nobody else does. He offers a very lucrative payday, and he's the lineal MW champ. If Golovkin fights off Jacobs, unifies with BJS, and has a couple more defenses, he'll have no problems saying "goodbye" to Canelo.

Everyone knows that the lineal MW title today is a mockery. Cotto, a Jr MW won, it from Maravilla in his retirement bout, then lost it to Canelo. The lineal MW has not been contested at MW limit.

So you say Golovkin needs Canelo. I disagree. If he thinks he'll never get that fight or gets tired of waiting, he'll move on. He'll lose out on the payday, but will be perfectly fine otherwise. He'll go for MW defense record or move up in weight, and will forget about Canelo.

It's Canelo who will have a very difficult time recovering from it. He'll forever be known as the guy who gave up a belt and ducked his 35 year old mandatory challenger. Look at how much crap Riddick Bowe is getting to this day for ducking Lewis. Put that action in today's digitized world, and Canelo will NEVER live that down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        In 2005 Floyd Mayweather moved up to his 4th weight division (147) and the Dela Hoya fight presented itsef a year and a half later at 154, Floyd accepted 90-10 split in favor of Dela Hoya, Dela Hoya chose the judges, the ring and Mayweather's gloves, Floyd said fine let's just make the fight happen. Bear in mind, he was already the best P4P fighter in the world at the time and nobody was criticizing his level of opposition, but he still took that risk and that's what made him the star that he became.

Now look at GGG, never took no risks, acting like the A side with Canelo when he's clearly not while being criticized by more than 70% of the boxing fans for his resume and still not trying to make any concessions to make the big fights happen, why is he better than all the fighters before him that took risks to become stars in boxing? if he wants to be great then he needs to go through the same process, that's just fair and that's what Floyd means when he says Canelo doesn't owe GGG anything, GGG needs him and he's supposed to do whatever it takes to make the fight if he's confident in winning.
        Now for part 2!

Never took no risks?
        Has fought in Germany, Ukraine, Denmark, United Kingdom, Panama, France and the United States
        How many has Floyd Mayweather fought in?
        The answer is he remained in his home backyard his entire career, such the risk taker that Floyd is OBVIOUSLY!

Criticized by 70%, where did you pull that percentage out of your ass?
        The large majority, MAJORITY of boxing fans don't reside on boxing forums
        Case closed

Not trying to make the big fights happen apparently...
        "Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"
        Then we have the blatant fact that they were willing to go to the United Kingdom to face Carl Froch at 168lbs
        Oh what's that, another away fight but this time in Carl Froch backyard wasn't Ward offered that fight yet he turned it down... hmmm YES is the answer!
        Forced Canelo into a situation to make the fight but instead of the fight happening Canelo dumped his belt
        If someone doesn't want a fight to happen that is their own doing and dumping a belt is inexcusable.

He needs to go through what process exactly?
        The Floyd Mayweather effect of picking on a guy who is on the down and out so by that measure surely you mean he should have fought Arthur Abraham at 168lbs in Germany because that is the exact equivalent to what Floyd did when he face Oscar Dela Hoya.

Canelo doesn't owe triple G, FINALLY!!!
        We can agree on something you're absolutely right 100% right its not GGG he owes he owes US the fight fans glad you've started to get smart about things.

Thanks for making it easy, schooling Floyd nuthuggers is far too easy.

Comment

Yea Floyd is a Canelo fan for the rest of Canelo's boxing career, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Really has nothing to do with Golovkin at all though just the better Canelo does the better Floyd looks, and that is a small thing anyway since Floyd is already considered a great fighter it is not like he needs Canelo to do anything for him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Yea Floyd is a Canelo fan for the rest of Canelo's boxing career, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Really has nothing to do with Golovkin at all though just the better Canelo does the better Floyd looks, and that is a small thing anyway since Floyd is already considered a great fighter it is not like he needs Canelo to do anything for him.
            To be honest the better Canelo does the more boxing will thrive off of the hype of this guy he is a legend of the sport already and he is at such a young age to be a star of the sport at that age and to have fought who he has it is impressive I take nothing away from that but what he is doing right now is unacceptable If he doesn't want the GGG fight be honest don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              To be honest the better Canelo does the more boxing will thrive off of the hype of this guy he is a legend of the sport already and he is at such a young age to be a star of the sport at that age and to have fought who he has it is impressive I take nothing away from that but what he is doing right now is unacceptable If he doesn't want the GGG fight be honest don't lie.
              To me that fight is bound to happen because Canelo needs a big fight almost as much as Golovkin and that is the biggest fight around for him, unless Golovkin screws the pooch before hand which I don't find very likely. I am not even stressing it even though that will be a very interesting big fight, because to me there is no way that fight doesn't come off, Canelo can screw around and put it off but he will want what comes with beating Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR CANELO!! View Post
                pssh YDKSAB you just a troll.
                Dude look at Can'tNelo in that sig! Horrible posture wide open for a quick right cross horrible foot placement. If i were you I would find a better pic I'm sure there are plenty from Saturday's sparring match

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                  The one thing you guys forget to acknowledge is that Floyd was draining honest to make the weight. It wasn't about him daring to be great it was about his body outgrowing the weight class. But of course yu will applaud anything that fits your agenda

Comment

Yes because Floyd Mayweather is the only fighter in history to want the opponents he has faced to be considered great cause it makes him look great because he beat them. He is the only one, smh

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      The one thing you guys forget to acknowledge is that Floyd was draining honest to make the weight. It wasn't about him daring to be great it was about his body outgrowing the weight class. But of course yu will applaud anything that fits your agenda
                      I am sure we wasnt draining when he was fighting at 147-154 at the age of 35-38..unifying titles and becoming lineal in both divisions..... but hey

Comment

Working...
                      X