Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone going to play in this years world series of poker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone going to play in this years world series of poker?

I have no experience with live play at all, but I played a lot on pokerstars and full tilt before it got shut down in the states. I'm not all that good at playing holdem, so I'm going to skip playing any of those tournaments, but before the big shut down, I was absolutely destroying players in this game called razz. I was winning sit and go's, mtt's and high dollar cash tables left in right. It was the only game I played. Sometimes I would go on a nonstop run that lasted for 4-5 days straight with a $200 deposit and end up turning it into $8,000-$12,000 strictly off of razz. (I was able to do it 6 times before the government shut them down.) Unfortunately I caught onto razz too late to do any real damage until those sites got cut off. I honestly believe I was the best player in the entire country for that specific game at the time. Even though 5 years have past, I still play the game for fun here and there just because I love playing it, but it's been 5 years since I've played competitively. Maybe I've lost a step and other players have surpassed me, but I want to find out this year, despite this being my very first live experience.

This years wsop has only two razz events. There is a $1,500 buy in and a $10,000 buy in. I'm only going to enter the 10k. They've offered the $1,500 buy in for years, but it doesn't really peak my interest considering the sort of low payout and a lot more players in that one, but after recently introducing the $10,000 buyin that I just got word of, I'm going to register for that one. Last years 10k event only had 100 or so players, so I should make the final table pretty easy.

Anyone else thinking about going?
    Last edited by BigNuts; 04-17-2016, 11:24 PM.

BrushMyHair!?

Comment

I don't get how people can be good at card games like that. What do you think about when you're playing? Are you counting cards like in that crappy Matt Damon movie where he destroyed the KGB with poker?

Comment

I tried a few times in real games...

Glad I have a day job!!!

Got korned after a few successes!!

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
          I don't get how people can be good at card games like that. What do you think about when you're playing? Are you counting cards like in that crappy Matt Damon movie where he destroyed the KGB with poker?
          In hold em, you play the people, factor in the odds, and hope you got the nuts to all in with nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
            Before finding razz I was always getting my azz kicked in holdem. Holdem was the most popular game and still is, but I just wasn't very good at it and ended up losing a good amount of money until I decided to cut my losses and find another game to play. Tried playing omaha, omaha hi/lo, seven card stud, 2-7 lowball, badugi, 5 card draw/triple draw and I pretty much sucked at all of them and none of them really caught my interest until I found razz. It stuck like flies to shyt and I actually LOVE playing it so I'm sure that helped a lot. Never read any books on how to play it because it came natural to me.

Only problem is razz is one of the least popular games in all of poker for some reason and it's been like that for a long time, so the money isn't as abundant as holdem or omaha, otherwise those 8k-12k wins would most likely be a lot more.

It's only recently that it's starting to become popular, which explains the reason the WSOP has introduced a $10,000 buyin for that game. It's about fking time
            Last edited by BigNuts; 04-18-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

But it's all good. I used all of that money I won in that short amount of time to start my own business.

Comment

That's pretty awesome to hear. I play the smaller holdem tournies in my area (Parx, Sugarhouse, Borgota, etc.) for $330-$550 multi events usually once, maybe twice a month. I too enjoy Razz and all stud games. I played on Stars a decade ago and had some good runs but nothing really serious. Should be a fun experience for you but i will caution that the best players in the world will be playing in it: Ivey, Negraneau, Hellmuth, and many more. Should be around 120+ players. Good luck sir and may the cards be in your favor!

Ps: in this case, hopefully you get ****ty cards lol if you know what i mean.

Comment

I would have had all you beat in Yugi-Oh way back in the day...

Comment

Lmao@the hitler avi

Comment

Working...
                    X