No announcement yet.

Video of Roach doing mitts with Cotto, Roach health not looking so great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Roach doing mitts with Cotto, Roach health not looking so great

Man, bless Roach for still trying to do what he loves and not letting his illness hold him back, but the sad reality is he is hold his fighters back. I noticed this before when he was doing mitts with Ruslan and when he was doing mitts with Pacquiao, his timing was off and no longer fluid, they had to keep pausing and adjusting so they didn't hit Roach, Pac hit Roach several times on accident in the face.

Now with Cotto you can see it, Roach can barely lift his arms up and his head is sideways even worse than before. And in the video when Cotto hits roach in the chest Roach looks like he is about to fall over, its sad to see its like he is getting hurt with every shot on the chest protector.

Roach needs to do the right thing and let another trainer take over for his fighters, he has enough money, he has millions of dollars and a successful brand going, his gym is basically a landmark in Hollywood, but right now he is no longer efficient on the mitts.

Floyd had to let his uncle roger go as head trainer, because his healthy was deteriorating, even when you see Floyd do mitts with Roger now its not the same, they don't go as fluid as before, but Floyd still lets Roger hold the mitts for him once and while in camp so Roger doesnt feel left out and pays him as a kind gesture.

I wonder if Roach would allow his fighters to be trained by someone else or is Roach ego and pride too much? Roach does have a history of getting jealous, he did it with Alex Ariza and Michael Moorer who Pacuqiao was getting close with.

Don't think it's ego. I think he knows it'll be over for him once he stops. Retirement kills a lot of people.

Comment

Knowing Cotto, he is going to fight Freddie next. I kid!

Comment

I think Roach dies within 5 years of retiring as a trainer, maybe less. It's the only thing that keeps him going. At the very least, he should start turning over most of the work to someone else but I don't think he wants to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          I think Roach dies within 5 years of retiring as a trainer, maybe less. It's the only thing that keeps him going. At the very least, he should start turning over most of the work to someone else but I don't think he wants to do that.
          He's doing that with Marvin.

Comment

I can barely stand to look at Roach and that's only on camera. I don't know how fighters can look at him like that for hours on end.

Comment

Roach is extremely strong mentally and deserves all the respect in the world as a man

Of course idiots amongst the Floyd fan fraternity like brushmyhair will constantly bash him but that's expected of Floyd fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Roach is extremely strong mentally and deserves all the respect in the world as a man

Of course idiots amongst the Floyd fan fraternity like brushmyhair will constantly bash him but that's expected of Floyd fans.
                Nobody bashes him. Yes he has parkinsons but roach brings it on himself alot, he was racist towards seckbach and robert garcia. He also talks alot of trash and pisses ppl off.

Comment

Comment

It's a shame that boxing is losing such a prominent coach to Parkinson's disease. On a positive note, scientist discovered a breakthrough relating to Parkinson's a couple days ago. They are now able to identify the biomarker that shows its progression in the brain. Hopefully, this discovery leads to a more complete treatment plan that can completely reverse the effects, sooner rather than later.
                    Last edited by IR0NFIST; 05-28-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X