Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Mexicans always fighting Mexicans?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Ok I get it, its a numbers game but my point is, theres "others" out there to fight. You fight the same style, you get stuck in a rut. Take shane Mosley for instance, (not even a Mexican) but fought them all the time being from SoCal, in the gym and in the ring, he even said after he battered Margarito he knew hed win because he was so used to fighting that style. The guys that 1st exposed Mosley (Forrest & Wright) brought a different style he wasnt used to, why? Because he was stuck doing the same old thing, when his speed wasnt enough, he got frustrated and beat. Fighters need to stay active and choose wisely, not a GGG fan but I commend him for fighting often and admitting he wants to fight a moving southpaw to stay keen to all styles.
    The issue at hand is Leo is fighting Mexican's who suck, not that he's fighting Mexicans. Fighting different nationality bums wouldn't make a difference he would still not be progressing in any form.

Take some of Mexico's best fighters, guys like Estrada,Cuadras, and Canelo, these guys are all fighting top opponents and none of them are fighting exclusively Mexicans.

You're also extremely narrow minded in believing all Mexicans , or any nationality for that matter,fight the same. Take some notes on the current top Mexican fighters and analyze how technical some of these guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      The issue at hand is Leo is fighting Mexican's who suck, not that he's fighting Mexicans. Fighting different nationality bums wouldn't make a difference he would still not be progressing in any form.

Take some of Mexico's best fighters, guys like Estrada,Cuadras, and Canelo, these guys are all fighting top opponents and none of them are fighting exclusively Mexicans.

You're also extremely narrow minded in believing all Mexicans , or any nationality for that matter,fight the same. Take some notes on the current top Mexican fighters and analyze how technical some of these guys are.
      You proved my point with your second paragraph. Those fighters are not fighting the same style or same nationality of fighters which is making them the very few elite of the very many. They are actually thinking outside the box like me (in my comparison) making us not so narrow minded... I think you are taking this personal as if I am making fun of Mexicans which I am not, Im Mexican and I am just saying Mexican boxing is in a rut and I gave my reason why. Mexican fighters, not just Santa Cruz, need to get into the ring with other styles if they want to improve. To be great you have to take risks but if you are managed properly, small risks can bring huge rewards in the long run...

Comment

Sure when 2 talented Mexican fighters scrap or even not so talented boxers fight their fun to watch but if you want to get better you have to learn all aspects of the game. One thing I will say and I am not a Canelo fan (at all) but he has taken on some different type of opponents whether people want to say he won or lost is besides the point, the experience gained is very valuable in the future.

Take Santa Cruz for instance, instead of finding 16 year old Chicklet vendors to fight, why not fight some lower tier Cubans, gain some experience, than man up and fight Rigo. There wouldnt be any shame in that win or lose.

To me this is one of the main reasons why Mexican boxing has fallen off, if you are only facing 1 style/size opponent, what room is there to improve?

First of all there isn't really that many cubans for him to fight.

Second despite popular belief there are plenty of great technical boxers and great defensive fighters in Mexico. The problem is they never get the hype or backing of major networks like Televisa or Azteca TV. People in Mexico don't like watching it, so in order for most fighters to make it they have to change their style.
        Marquez is a great example. He had to change his style to be relevant with boxing fans. Erik Morales was another great boxer, who chose to brawl rather than box because he knew that is what fans came to see. If he didn't he could have ended up like Miguel Vasquez a lightweight Mexican champion who no one wanted to see.

Comment

They aren't technical enough to take on boxers who actually move around. That's why they use Mexico's cab drivers and landscapers and Elote vendors to build up slick, talented fighters. They are usually tough, but the important part is that it makes the slick guy look so much better and it helps build a fanbase. That's one of the main reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
            They aren't technical enough to take on boxers who actually move around. That's why they use Mexico's cab drivers and landscapers and Elote vendors to build up slick, talented fighters. They are usually tough, but the important part is that it makes the slick guy look so much better and it helps build a fanbase. That's one of the main reasons.
            hey man was jleon love technical?

or how about mickey bey?

Comment

You proved my point with your second paragraph. Those fighters are not fighting the same style or same nationality of fighters which is making them the very few elite of the very many. They are actually thinking outside the box like me (in my comparison) making us not so narrow minded... I think you are taking this personal as if I am making fun of Mexicans which I am not, Im Mexican and I am just saying Mexican boxing is in a rut and I gave my reason why. Mexican fighters, not just Santa Cruz, need to get into the ring with other styles if they want to improve. To be great you have to take risks but if you are managed properly, small risks can bring huge rewards in the long run...
              Your point? The name of your thread is "Why are Mexicans always fighting Mexicans?" I showed you examples of guys fighting different style of fighters.

Like I said in my first post, a proper name for your thread is "Why is Leo Santa Cruz always fighting bums?" Because that's the only guy you seem to bring up.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                hey man was jleon love technical?

or how about mickey bey?
                Are you implying that I think Love and Bey are technical?

Love isn't technical at all, he's a TMT sparring boy and nothing more. Now Bey, on the other hand, is probably the best Mayweather Promotions signed fighter aside from Floyd. He's very technical and has a good array of skills. His only loss was against the American Molina who landed a lucky punch. He beat Vazquez easily.

Comment

Stop making threads bro you're ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by SwagOnPoint
                    cause they cant deal with slick black fighters with SKILLS cause they eat punches for brekfast lunch and diner.
                    And Broner is your boyfriend?

Comment

@bardock if my threads r so ******ed don't read them. Besides this is a site to voice your opinion or ask a question, if what I say or post offends you my bad, but again don't read my stuff or comment. Besides what makes u so knowledgeable or king thread maker?

Comment

Working...
                      X