No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs both Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Louis vs both Klitschkos

So saw this thread on ESB and decided to take it over to the history section. How would Louis do against both Klitschkos, would he beat both, lose to one and not the other?. Personally I think he beats both.
    He beats both
    60.00%
    He beats Wlad but not Vitali
    12.00%
    He beats Vitali but not Wlad
    0%
    He loses to both
    28.00%

I think it's a closer fight with Wlad, who is both faster and dosen't do dumb **** like holding his right hand low.

But they both lean back from punches, and can't fight backing up. Which I see as being a bit of a problem facing one of the most complete offensive fighters in history.

Comment

It seems unfair For Joe to fight both.

But seriously, I believe Louis had the skills to beat either, so I agree.
      Last edited by TBear; 03-20-2012, 05:13 AM.

Comment

IMO Joe Louis could fight and beat both of the Klitschko's on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
          So saw this thread on ESB and decided to take it over to the history section. How would Louis do against both Klitschkos, would he beat both, lose to one and not the other?. Personally I think he beats both.
          I understand everyone has an opinion and all, but how on earth would he beat Vitali with the size difference, etc? I mean he would have a shot at Wlad because he is semi-chinny, but Vitali? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible
            Stop now, the Detroit smog is getting to you man.
            You don't know anything about boxing. Neither Klitschko is going to beat any of the ATG heavies of the past from Dempsey, to Marciano, to Frazier, Ali, Louis, Tyson, etc...

It just wouldn't happen. As a matter of fact, all the guys I mentioned could fight and beat both brothers in the same night.

Comment

Like a tree, TIMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                I understand everyone has an opinion and all, but how on earth would he beat Vitali with the size difference, etc? I mean he would have a shot at Wlad because he is semi-chinny, but Vitali? No way.
                The same way he beat Baer, Carnera and Simon....great skills and punching power.
                Last edited by JAB5239; 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Yipee another (insert name here) versus the klits thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    Because Joe Louis can slip under Vitali's range like a small fighter and pulverize the left side of that face like Lewis did.

Joe Louis was a lot more precise than Lennox, so I give him about 5 rounds to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                    X