Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyds progression similar to Pernells!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    Right because that check hook didn't create havoc for Hatton.
    that check hook was a lead before hatton can open up...not a counterpunch...

Comment

Originally posted by bktova1 View Post
      Just rewatched Whitaker De la Hoya and Pernells fighting style at 33 is similar to Floyd now. Elusive fighters light on their feet in their youth, but in their 30s both fighter stand in and exchange, Pernell stood right in with a younger and bigger De la, the same way Floyd fights now. So I would expect Floyd to continue to fight the way he has been fighting, no more dancing.
      Mayweather's never danced but I see what you're saying, though. He's committing more to his shots. Winky Wright started doing the same later on in his career as well, he didn't always walk his opponents down and stand in front.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        floyd's counters are basicly his right straight...he does'nt counter with anything else but that, that you can consider a meaningful punch, thats is why him being the best counterpuncher is so inaccurate imo....noticed all of his fights when in close range, he blocks with the left hand all culred up againts his body , and right does the job for the offense..... he does it very well...
        here's one of the most noticeable KOs in the modern era

a very textbook counter below, Joe Louis loved doing this

counter work on southpaws

Comment

Oh okay, so Hatton was closed when he got KO'd?

Comment

Watch Mayweather-Chavez... any of his fights. Watch the DLH fight, he lands right uppercuts and follows up with hooks throughout the middle and late rounds.
            seen it many times, thats my reference for believin margo would beat floyd besides the jlc fight.......again im talking about counters....

Comment

seen it many times, thats my reference for believin margo would beat floyd besides the jlc fight.......again im talking about counters....
              I know, because Mayweather's not a counter-puncher, right?

Comment

Clearly you didn't watch Mayweather with his back against the ropes as DLH came in punching and Mayweather landed at will. Save face.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  here's one of the most noticeable KOs in the modern era

Are you crazy? According to Puga, that was a lead hook and Hatton never punched so he couldn't have possibly opened up to get hit with a counter. Yeah.

Comment

It's time you got your coat.

Comment

I know, because Mayweather's not a counter-puncher, right?

never said that...infact his his pullcounter is the best i've seen...

Clearly you didn't watch Mayweather with his back against the ropes as DLH came in punching and Mayweather landed at will. Save face.
                      sure , i have not see the bigest ppv fight ever...even my grandma has seen that....i thought we're talking counterpuching?....

Comment

Working...
                      X