Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather: A WAR OR TACTICAL MATCH?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect pac will start hard, he knows Mayweather uses the first few rounds to measure his opponent and size him up before adjusting, during this time he is at his most vulnerable. I expect him to pressure pressure pressure. May score an early knock down with one of his famous "where the hell did that come from" shots.

Around round 3 or 4 Mayweather will start adjusting, I think Roach has a plan for this. If I were him I'd tell Pac to start with the movement. Any time Mayweather backs off to the ropes Pac should back off to the middle, forcing Mayweather off the ropes. After a couple rounds of this Mayweather will have to adjust again and thats when Pac pushes again.

All in all this will be alot more tactical than people think. Pac forcing Mayweather to brawl early is important but also using tactics to set traps (and not fall for them) is needed to beat May.

Comment

Pac would lose to Floyd 10 times out of ten hes not on his level.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        Floyd has no real Power to Hurt Pac. Pac cant be slow down with Floyd's Xylocaine loaded Fist. Shoulder rolls works only against Average Boxers. Pac's No Average. Pac's Probably the best Offensive machine in History of Boxing. Pac Normally out punches his HOfamers opponents 3-1. Pac's on a roll with strings of Kos against his biggest opponents. But that's it for now... I dont want to scare Floyd!!!
        yep, yall said the same thing abotu hatton

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          I suspect pac will start hard, he knows Mayweather uses the first few rounds to measure his opponent and size him up before adjusting, during this time he is at his most vulnerable. I expect him to pressure pressure pressure. May score an early knock down with one of his famous "where the hell did that come from" shots.

Around round 3 or 4 Mayweather will start adjusting, I think Roach has a plan for this. If I were him I'd tell Pac to start with the movement. Any time Mayweather backs off to the ropes Pac should back off to the middle, forcing Mayweather off the ropes. After a couple rounds of this Mayweather will have to adjust again and thats when Pac pushes again.

All in all this will be alot more tactical than people think. Pac forcing Mayweather to brawl early is important but also using tactics to set traps (and not fall for them) is needed to beat May.
          lmao at pac out thinking a thinker like floyd. roach cant even out think floyd. if so, they would have taken the fight
          Last edited by mazdaru; 03-04-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler Sr View Post
            if anyone can break floyds guard it is pacman
            agreed.....

Comment

Haven't read all the comments in this thread so I hope I don't sound redundant. I think Floyd check hooks a wildly rushing Pacman all fight long and hits him with right hand leads as well. If he chooses to use his jab which he criminally under utilizes he will frustrate Pac to no end. I see Floyd winning this one. The only thing that helps Pac is that he is a southpaw and Floyd's tucked shoulder defensive stance is not as effective. Floyd will be boxing with both gloves up more than usual and that will curtail his movement somewhat. Look for him to use this until he feels he is comfortable and winning the fight. I think Floyd's counter-punching ability will stymie Pac's aggressiveness somewhat. I rewatched Pac-Marquez 2 and felt that at times Pac was unsure of himself on how to attack because he was being countered beautifully by Marquez.

Comment

bump for more discussion

Comment

Working...
                X