No announcement yet.

Nwahs_!!, yer opinion on Blackstone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purity2 View Post
    there's still a good amount of people in ARMs & neg-ams though. the problem is getting THESE people into the fixed rates to keep everything stimulated as you're indicating before they get into trouble. but once (and IF) that happens then we're gonna run out of loans to create unless buying activity picks up....
    The problem is two fold. If everyone had a variable rate loan, the banks would be making money, but they home owners would be going bankrupt (we see some of that), but if everyone had a fixed rate home loan, the banks would be losing money, like we see right now.

We are basically in a no win situation right now, it really doesn't matter what kinds of loans people have, because the economic atmosphere that was put in place by the fed is absolutely slaughtering everyone.

There is no doubt about it, the economy IS slowing down, and the fed decided that keeping inflation low was more important that keeping the financial heart of America alive.

We are actually on the verge of catastrophic economic failure, thanks to the fed.

The banks really are not in that much trouble, they have insurance.

This is the real problem. There is 500 billion dollars in bank insurance, and with the banks in such dire straits, the insurance companies are having to pay out.

If the fed does not act in the next week, or even the next few days, nearly every single one of these insurance companies will go belly up.

The DJIA will take about a 3,000 point dump in one day, massive hysteria will ensue, and the United States, might be finished as an economic superpower, all thanks to one man, Uncle Ben.

The "expert" on the causes of the great depression, is potentially driving us head long into another one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      So, and basically the government does not want to cut the percent rate because of the inflation as I understand?
      Not the government, the chairman of the federal reserve. Ben Bukake. Thats what Im going to call him from now on, because he does not deserve his true name spoken.

Whats sad is that he endorsed the 150 billion dollar economic stimulus package.

What good will money be without banks?

All of this could be solved if the fed cut rates, and bought the insurance companies that are about to go belly up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
        Not the government, the chairman of the federal reserve. Ben Bukake. Thats what Im going to call him from now on, because he does not deserve his true name spoken.

Whats sad is that he endorsed the 150 billion dollar economic stimulus package.

What good will money be without banks?

All of this could be solved if the fed cut rates, and bought the insurance companies that are about to go belly up.
        I see, and the banks are sure gonna cash in on these insurances, but wait, would not it then spell doom for the banks as well? In a slightly longer run?

Because as far as I see, with these insurance companies going to **** that means the marker is gonna **** up big time as well?

Comment

I see, and the banks are sure gonna cash in on these insurances, but wait, would not it then spell doom for the banks as well? In a slightly longer run?

Because as far as I see, with these insurance companies going to **** that means the marker is gonna **** up big time as well?
          Pretty much. It has the potential to be the worst thing that has happened to the US economy since the great depression.

Funny thing is that fact that its plain as day, yet it is getting no news coverage, congress actually praised ben bukake for doing an "excellent job" and reacting "swiftly".

What a joke.
          Last edited by Nwahs !!; 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

There isn't really much math involved, nothing that your average 5th grader wouldn't understand.

The thing that most people find difficult about the stock market is the fact that it is driven by emotion much of the time. Many people see something going down and they get scared and sell, or they see something going up, so they buy, only to find out that they just bought at the top, and it is going to take a huge plunge.

Its really counter intuitive. You want to sell into strength and buy into weakness. You are always going to kick yourself saying, "if only I held onto that stock just a little bit longer", but selling into strength is the right thing to do, as is averaging down into weakness.

When I am talking about strength and weakness, I am not talking about the company itself, but the sentiment of the investors. Often times, they will panic and bid down a stock to unbelievably low prices without any rime or reason.

This is what really scares people, they see the stock going down, and dont know why, so they sell and lose money, when in reality if the stock is taking a dump for no reason at all, its time to back up the truck and grab all you can.

Its kinda like fighting in the pocket, everyone is scared to try it, but once they do, nothing bad can happen to you (thats not completely true, but you get my point).

I see many people that are fanancially smart, completely dumb founded by the market.

I believe most people want to believe that the market is some complex beast, something hard to understand, but its not.
            gotcha. so it sounds like the biggest problems people have are investing emotionally and finding themselves making incorrect assumptions about a company's given position without having much of a concrete reason behind it.

i've probably done that everytime i've either bought a ****ty company or sold at the wrong time.

Comment

Pretty much. It has the potential to be the worst thing that has happened to the US economy since the great depression.

Funny thing is that fact that its plain as day, yet it is getting no news coverage, congress actually praised ben bukake for doing an "excellent job" and reacting "swiftly".

What a joke.
              I don't understand why the dems are not screaming about this on every corner, because we are about to get proper****ed.

ANyway, it is a very weird situation, seems that one man is about to **** up the whole country and the rest of the world in one go.

Comment

I don't understand why the dems are not screaming about this on every corner, because we are about to get proper****ed.

ANyway, it is a very weird situation, seems that one man is about to **** up the whole country and the rest of the world in one go.
                Because politicians know jack ****, and if they did say ****, they would basically be admitting that they were asleep in office, and let this situation develop.

Do you honestly think any politician wants to take the blame for a **** up of this magnitude?

Comment

The problem is two fold. If everyone had a variable rate loan, the banks would be making money, but they home owners would be going bankrupt (we see some of that), but if everyone had a fixed rate home loan, the banks would be losing money, like we see right now.

We are basically in a no win situation right now, it really doesn't matter what kinds of loans people have, because the economic atmosphere that was put in place by the fed is absolutely slaughtering everyone.

There is no doubt about it, the economy IS slowing down, and the fed decided that keeping inflation low was more important that keeping the financial heart of America alive.

We are actually on the verge of catastrophic economic failure, thanks to the fed.

The banks really are not in that much trouble, they have insurance.

This is the real problem. There is 500 billion dollars in bank insurance, and with the banks in such dire straits, the insurance companies are having to pay out.

If the fed does not act in the next week, or even the next few days, nearly every single one of these insurance companies will go belly up.

The DJIA will take about a 3,000 point dump in one day, massive hysteria will ensue, and the United States, might be finished as an economic superpower, all thanks to one man, Uncle Ben.

The "expert" on the causes of the great depression, is potentially driving us head long into another one.

gotcha. so you're sayin the rate cut isn't so much to stimulate the economy through lending origination but to actually start turning a profit on all these existing notes, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Purity2 View Post
                    gotcha. so you're sayin the rate cut isn't so much to stimulate the economy through lending origination but to actually start turning a profit on all these existing notes, right?
                    Basically, although it would work in both ways.

Comment

damn this shawn guy is an encyclopedia when it comes to **** like this.

major props for this.....

Comment

Working...
                      X