Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should have the title gift wrapped but yeah, anything can happen if injuries come into play.

Alonso, Moses, Kante and Hazard. If the lot of them go on ligaments. The 343 is out of the picture. Hazard, despite last season, is a difference maker. We aren't really hounding the top Prem sides without him in the line up. The other 3 players are what make the 343 possible.

Comment

• Luiz and Kante I would say are our most important players. If either got injured I suspect we'd be vulnerable again. Ancient Terry and Zouma would both get torn up in a back 3 alongside Cahill and Matic and Cesc are horrible together in a two.

The media tend to think Costa is very important to us - I am not sure. I would rank his importance below Tibo (still not a great fan), Luiz, Azpi, Kante, and Hazard and Hazard himself is less important than the previous 4. We'd still win without Hazard too I feel which we have.

Both Costa and Hazard could be replaced I feel even this summer.

Costa could be replaced with Lukaku, Icardi, maybe this Bellotti dude.

It will be interesting to see Conte's targets because what he really wants is to play 4-2-4. In which case Hazard becomes a striker or gets replaced with an actual striker.

I like the idea that players slot into a system at Chelsea now. It makes it easier to see where obvious upgrades could be made and where actually even players could be sold for no great loss in performance.

Matic whilst pretty good this season is a player who could be comfortably upgraded this summer.

Comment

• Luiz is crucial definitely. I only mention Alonso and Moses though because we have zero cover in those positions. None at all what-so-ever.

I agree though, we could get on easy without Costa and to an extent Hazard. I just think with Hazard however, he makes things a lot easier for us. I can't help but think if it was a healthy hazard vs Stoke. We'd have made it look a lot easier than it already was to take them apart. No Hazard vs Spurs, we'd probably lose more often than not.

It'll be interesting to see how Conte further modifies the squad though. I really can't even imagine who he'll bring in, if a 424 is really what he wants.

Comment

• Alexandre Lacazette has agreed a move to Atletico Madrid. Seeing how the ban will end up being lifted. http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/21/atleti...senal-6523101/

So much for "Arsene Wenger finding him first" or the "New Stand" bearing fruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Alexandre Lacazette has agreed a move to Atletico Madrid. Seeing how the ban will end up being lifted. http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/21/atleti...senal-6523101/

wtf is all this if we get injurys ****e . jesus ye 13 points clear cos yore the best team in the league. couldnt beat the pool doe

Comment

• Anyone checked out Atletico's new stadium for next season? It's going to be called ''Wanda Metropolitano''. It has a maximum capacity of 73,729 but for football games it'll be 67,000.

Vicente Calderon will be demolished at the end of the season and they'll build a park in its place.
              Last edited by Underboss; 03-22-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Chelsea look like they are getting that Bakayoko fella.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                  wtf is all this if we get injurys ****e . jesus ye 13 points clear cos yore the best team in the league. couldnt beat the pool doe
                  Can you imagine blowing this lead we have? lol

You've got to be sensible and anticipate the worst. Or you end up like that Claude fella on Arsenal fan TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Alexandre Lacazette has agreed a move to Atletico Madrid. Seeing how the ban will end up being lifted. http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/21/atleti...senal-6523101/

We didn't want him anyway? He was a transfer target for Brendan Rodgers 2 years ago ffs. Klopp is after the likes of Aubameyang and Aguero.

Comment

• Bakayoko and Kante midfield.

May as well not even pass through the middle at that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X