No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Yes I did, but I blew my load too early and couldn't get hard enough in time for the 4th round.
    Youre not in your prime anymore. Ask Jones what pill hes taking for your boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      he might have been running, but he was barely touched in round 4 whilst landing multiple devastating shots and leg kicks to Diaz.

There's absolutely no way Diaz won round 4.
      Originally posted by twrx View Post
      Just rewatched the 4th connor won it but it was razor thin
      Razor thin only because people are giving Conor a pass.

When Diaz had him in the clinch he was hammering Conor like in no other round. People are not giving those due credit, especially the counter elbow. I also saw a largely inactive McGregor that round. Both guys were gassed, but Conor even more so.

I agree with another poster - I think people are scoring negative on blood, which means Diaz will never get a fair shake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        No, he KO'd Marius Žaromskis to win the Welterweight title and then defended it 3 times. Also subbed a guy named Joe Hurley to win the WEC Welterweight belt, plus the minor IFC US Welterweight and Americas titles, along with the ISKA MMA Welterweight championship.
        Yeah...I'd forgotten that Shamrock had already lost the title when they fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Razor thin only because people are giving Conor a pass.

When Diaz had him in the clinch he was hammering Conor like in no other round. People are not giving those due credit, especially the counter elbow. I also saw a largely inactive McGregor that round. Both guys were gassed, but Conor even more so.

I agree with another poster - I think people are scoring negative on blood, which means Diaz will never get a fair shake.
          20:30ish the fourth round starts. Please tell me how Diaz won that round. Or how it's even debatable. He did nothing from the clinch except land a few shots - hell, Connor even landed his own shots from the clinch in this round. Connor spent more of the round being the aggressor too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3UEX9OesY

Comment

• McGregor won that fight clearly. People don't know how to score fights. Just because Diaz had some stretches where he had Connor in the clinch and landed combos doesn't mean he won the fight. 80% of the fight Connor out strikes Diaz with leg kicks and boxing. I gotta give McGregor credit. I didn't think he was going to fight like that. He fought smart.

Still needs to move down. He's too small for 170. Standing up no one at 155 can hang with him, but he still is going to have a lot of issues on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              20:30ish the fourth round starts. Please tell me how Diaz won that round. Or how it's even debatable. He did nothing from the clinch except land a few shots - hell, Connor even landed his own shots from the clinch in this round. Connor spent more of the round being the aggressor too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3UEX9OesY
              I watched it.

I saw two guys who were gassed - one of which had his power even gassed, one who did not.

I saw Diaz land more shots in the clinch than McGregor.

I saw McGregor with a look on his face eerily similar to what Northcutt had when he got submitted by Barbarena. He looked totally uncomfortable in the clinch.

I saw Diaz continue to chase McGregor all the way up to the end of the round.

To me, that's winning on aggression. Had Diaz not had him in the clinch for so long or had he missed all of the shots then I would have given it to McGregor.

All people are focused on is the leg kicking.

Comment

I watched it.

I saw two guys who were gassed - one of which had his power even gassed, one who did not.

I saw McGregor with a look on his face eerily similar to what Northcutt had when he got submitted by Barbarena. He looked totally uncomfortable in the clinch.

To me, that's winning on aggression. Had Diaz not had him in the clinch for so long or had he missed all of the shots then I would have given it to McGregor.

No, people are focusing on the death by a thousand left hands in round four.

If u watched it, you would have seen McGregor was actually the aggressor, walking down Diaz for longer periods of the round than Diaz walking McGregor down.

I saw them both land one hard shot on the other out of the clinch.

McGregor painted his face with about 10-15 vicious straight lefts, and busted Diaz all to ****.

I saw Diaz stun Connor once with a 1-2, but Connor quickly landed a brutal straight left counter immediately thereafter.

There's no way to give Diaz the fourth. The third, and fifth rounds - yes - Diaz won. 1,2, and 4? McGregor clearly won. Thereby McGregor won a close, but very clear fight.

Comment

I watched it.

McGregor spent most of the 4th as the aggressor and put at least 10 clean shots right on Diaz's chin along with the leg kicks and body shots.

Diaz done nothing in the clinch and it was he who backed off several times.

The 4th round is not even close.
                  Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 08-21-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    McGregor won that fight clearly. People don't know how to score fights. Just because Diaz had some stretches where he had Connor in the clinch and landed combos doesn't mean he won the fight. 80% of the fight Connor out strikes Diaz with leg kicks and boxing. I gotta give McGregor credit. I didn't think he was going to fight like that. He fought smart.

Still needs to move down. He's too small for 170. Standing up no one at 155 can hang with him, but he still is going to have a lot of issues on the ground.

This...

I'm done debating it with people who actually believe Diaz won that fourth round...

People are jus gonna have to deal with the fact that Connor proved all the haters na doubters wrong, and won the rematch...

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                      There's no way to give Diaz the fourth. The third, and fifth rounds - yes - Diaz won. 1,2, and 4? McGregor clearly won. Thereby McGregor won a close, but very clear fight.
                      No way did he "clearly" win Round 4. No. "Clearly" would be what he did in Round 1. That didn't happen and you know it.

The fact that Diaz even GOT McGregor up on the cage makes it no way a clear round.

I'll accept a swing round in 4 and 5 where it could have gone either way. But some of you are blind to this guy. He got exposed last night - piss poor stamina, limited moveset (for some reason, I know he can do more than that) and getting rocked by Nate Diaz was laughable.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      McGregor spent most of the 4th as the aggressor and put at least 10 clean shots right on Diaz's chin along with the leg kicks and body shots.

Diaz done nothing in the clinch and it was he who backed off several times.

The 4th round is not even close.
                      Ignoring all of the punches, elbows and knees Diaz threw in the clinch is bias, pure and simple. You like your dude and aren't willing to give Diaz his due.

Go back and watch RDA vs. Diaz. THAT is a clear, decisive, dominant, one-sided schooling, and RDA had the same strategy McGregor did, but better x10.

Comment

Working...
                      X