No announcement yet.

Which Klit will Helenius go for first?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Considering you're the one that needs video evidence of how good a fighter really is, this opinion is a joke. One only has to see his last couple of fights to see Helenius is raw and with little more than size and power. I wish him luck, but he needs at least 2 or 3 more years of seasoning before he can even be considered a legitimate threat to either Klit. He's taking the right path but rushing him to a title shot could destroy any confidence he may have before being fully prepared. See The vastly experienced Pete Radamacher as an example.

His progression is coming along to the point where he is about a year away he started with the usually bums blew them away, moved on to 8-10 rounders and dominated and is now dominating former champions/contenders. After another 3 fights or so at that level he'll be ready to fight a contender if he wins its on to one of the champions.

What is there to gain by knocking out another 10 Siarhei Liakhovichs or Sam Peters?

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      His progression is coming along to the point where he is about a year away he started with the usually bums blew them away, moved on to 8-10 rounders and dominated and is now dominating former champions/contenders. After another 3 fights or so at that level he'll be ready to fight a contender if he wins its on to one of the champions.

It's sad when in this day and age a fighter can be hyped into a title fight because he beats one contender who himself probably never beat another contender before him to earn that rank. It's fans like you who buy into this hype that heavyweight boxing at it's all time lowest.

What is there to gain by knocking out another 10 Siarhei Liakhovichs or Sam Peters?
      Experience. Both Klits had far more extensive amateur backgrounds and were allowed to develop through 25 and 35 fights respectively before fighting for a world title. Shouldn't Helenius be afforded this same type of time frame, or are you saying he is a better and more refined fighter after 16 fights than Vitaly or Wlad at the time they got their chances? I can tell you for a fact right now that he isn't and the bro's are even MORE experienced now. The only purpose making a klit/Helenius fight so soon serves is to put another hyped up fighter in the win column for them before he is actually ready for the fight. If he's the goods than there is no reason not to let the fight build while Helenius gets much needed experience.

Comment

Both Klitschko's are better athletes and better boxers. Helenius is a poor mans Klitschko and quite frankly I havent seen the ring intelligence or work ethic Look at my body. My body dont quit. Look at Helenius's, his body quit and isn't legit.

Comment

it's true Helenius can't fight former champions for much longer

time to fight top 15 guys, young guns

Comment

Working...
          X