• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
    why didn't ruiz take off his T shirt
    Don't ask silly questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
      People can't seem to make up their minds. "It's not a good idea for Ruiz to slim down". "It's not a good idea for Ruiz to have gained weight". He and his team tricked everyone into thinking he was gonna come in this fight lighter and we all believed it, I'm sure it was a strategic move. Andy will win again.
      I am genuinely blown away by Ruiz weight today, I can't get my head round it.

There is no way though you can say you genuinely think Rubles and the team watched the first fight back and decided what Andy Ruiz needed was more weight and bulk!!?? I agreed with the not slimming down comments along the lines of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"... But there is no strategy they can seriously feel is their route to victory that would require a strategic 15lbs weight gain in 5 months. That requires an unbelievable calorie surplus. If he is training hard daily, that means he would've been eating maybe 8,000-10,000 calories A DAY to put on that much weight from the weight he started at. That in itself isn't healthy.

I've thought about this non stop since the weigh in, and the only logical explanation is a bad diet and worse training... Wow, don't know what to think

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        That's pathetic and shows that Ruiz is not committed and is not ready for this fight. His speed will suffer and that was his biggest asset against AJ. He will get smeared. Mark my words.
        Have you seen him on the pads on Wednesday? His hands were still lightening, he'll be too fast for Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          Don't ask silly questions.
          Lmfao😂 Thanks for the good laugh.

Comment

• The weights are off for both. They didn't strip down to their underwear (probably a Saudi thing) and from the videos I saw, it didn't look like they took off their shoes. With what Ruiz is wearing, he's probably real close to his weight in the first fight as he recently said he'd be. Josuha is likely a few lbs. less. If Joshua reduced his sodium as reported, there's where the weight loss is from. He'd have a 5-20 lb area to fluctuate with his frame just by adjusting sodium levels. But sodium is important for performance so we shall see.

Comment

• Not seen the weigh in but I'm told Ruiz weighed in in clothes,hat etc, who knows if he had tiny weights in shoes or his pockets etc to make him appear heavier. It's the old trick but laughable to think it could work at this level , who knows in this game these days ..make a difference but not 15 Ibs of difference, he's looking to make josh fight and win the shootout.
              Last edited by Buggy bear; 12-06-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I don't give a F** how fast your hands are, if you are a combination thrower (which Ruiz is) and you are throwing combination...You cannot come in at 283 lbs and expect to keep that up for 36 minutes before your cardio starts to fail.

Andy Ruiz is a human being just like you and me and his cardio is going to be tested...Boxing just isn't about working on boxing technique, it about weigh discipline.

Joshua took this fight seriously and you can tell, he know that coming in light will give him speed and help his stamina out because having muscle take more oxygen.

Ruiz is going to be very inactive to conserve energy, Joshua is going to outwork him.

Comment

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                  Have you seen him on the pads on Wednesday? His hands were still lightening, he'll be too fast for Joshua.
                  Hitting the pads is not the same as being in the boxing ring with a opponent making you work...his stamina will be tested, at 283 lbs, it going to let him down.

After all, Andy Ruiz is only human.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreklo View Post
                    The weights are off for both. They didn't strip down to their underwear (probably a Saudi thing) and from the videos I saw, it didn't look like they took off their shoes. With what Ruiz is wearing, he's probably real close to his weight in the first fight as he recently said he'd be. Josuha is likely a few lbs. less. If Joshua reduced his sodium as reported, there's where the weight loss is from. He'd have a 5-20 lb area to fluctuate with his frame just by adjusting sodium levels. But sodium is important for performance so we shall see.
                    Sound like excuses....neither one of them had 15 pounds worth of cloths on. Ruiz is making money now and is leaving the life and did not take this weight loss seriously, Joshua did.

I'm leaning more toward Joshua now more than ever.

Comment

• The idea that Ruiz came in heavier to make sure he KO’s AJ is absolute nonsense.

He already knocked him out weighing 268 so why would he feel the need to weigh more?

Make no mistake, he would’ve put on a lot more weight than usual after the biggest win of his career, living the life enjoying all that new fame and recognition.

I imagine the whole camp would’ve been a battle to get the weight down.

Comment

Working...
                      X