No announcement yet.

Size wasn't really a factor tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL What?

Size was a huge factor, size, weight and reach, obviously also skills but if Mikey was facing a lightweight tonight who was his size, this fight would have been competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Folded up like a tent? When? Lol Garcia got battered, but he fought like the champion he is right ‘til the end. A lesser man would’ve crumpled. Sometimes the other guy is just too big and just too good.
      Folded up like a tent in the sense he stayed stationary with his guard up, even though it was clear this approach was not a competitive strategy as the fight went on. If he wanted a chance to win he needed to throw some over hand rights and move in on him with bad intentions. But instead he stayed balanced and cautious without taking necessary chances.

Comment

Why don't you spar with someone who is taller and heavier that is just as good as you are then come back and say size is not a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          All though a very lopsided victory
          I enjoyed the fight much more than some recent fights
          Just a little disappointed that Spence knew he couldn’t get hurt , so go for the fughin knockout
          Take those extra five shots and attempt to ko him
          That’s what the majority of fans said would happen
          So why not go for it , makes me wonder when he’ll fight another skilled fighter who can hit him and with the power needed to hurt him
          What I’m saying is what will Spence do when adversity hits
          I guess we’ll find out when that happens. Lol But I don’t blame Spence for not taking more risks. What for? He was easily winning the bout, and landing some heavy shots in the process. García still hits hard enough to cause damage, possibly even get one in that’d change the fight. Why risk it? The match was easily in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
            Folded up like a tent in the sense he stayed stationary with his guard up, even though it was clear this approach was not a competitive strategy as the fight went on. If he wanted a chance to win he needed to throw some over hand rights and move in on him with bad intentions. But instead he stayed balanced and cautious without taking necessary chances.
            I agree with your analysis; Mikey needed to go for broke early in order to have a chance. That much seems clear now. But the phrase “fold like a tent” implies collapsing, which Garcia certainly didn’t do.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
              Why don't you spar with someone who is taller and heavier that is just as good as you are then come back and say size is not a factor.
              Lol Bingo. All things being equal, the bigger man wins. Dudes wanna believe size doesn’t matter. If the smaller guy has some advantage himself, like speed, power, skill, etc., he might even be favored; but it’s pretty clear Spence was not outdone in any department. His natural advantage in size easily made the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I guess we’ll find out when that happens. Lol But I don’t blame Spence for not taking more risks. What for? He was easily winning the bout, and landing some heavy shots in the process. García still hits hard enough to cause damage, possibly even get one in that’d change the fight. Why risk it? The match was easily in the bag.
                I just hope he doesn’t become a Ward
                One of those brilliant fighters who can but won’t
                It gets boring fast

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  I just hope he doesn’t become a Ward
                  One of those brilliant fighters who can but won’t
                  It gets boring fast
                  I get you, but it wouldn’t be the first time someone easily winning a fight left himself open to a game-changer and lost. Then he’d be a fool and criticized for taking unnecessary chances. Haha

Comment

Good bigger man usually beat good smaller man. A smaller guy has to be way better than the bigger guy to really have a chance if both guys are healthy. Spence might be the better pure fighter but really hard to gauge that since he is much bigger and a superior athlete to boot.

Comment

[QUOTE=CubanGuyNYC;19591428]I get you, but it wouldn’t be the first time someone easily winning a fight left himself open to a game-changer and lost. Then he’d be a fool and criticized for taking unnecessary chances. Haha[/QU

I’d rather see a fighter take chances , your right might go bad , so comeback stronger

I hate Kovalev and thought he was fughin done but must admit the guy came back and did something most people would not be capable of doing
                      Just saying these guys are special and they possess power and it’s bullchit , just to protect that O
                      That’s the difference with fighters of today and yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X