No announcement yet.

Prime De Le Hoya vs Spence/Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime De Le Hoya vs Spence/Crawford

How do you all think a prime De La Hoya would do against either of these guys at w.w.?

Oscar beats both of their asses

Comment

He would have boxed their ears off.

Comment

Really depends on which Oscar shows up here. The one that nicked it in the tense shootout with Quartey? Or the one that boxed Tito's ears off but lacked heart?

Either way, prime Oscar didn't have a problem against smaller fighters, in fact he made a career of running through them all easily except for Whitaker and Quartey.

Oscars power carried up to welterweight, and both Spence and Crawford would be stupid not to respect it.

If Oscar can make Spence respect him which i think he can, i think he can outbox him.

Oscar will try to bully the smaller Crawford and Crawfords pride will force him to trade at times. He won't have as much success boxing Delahoya like he does other fighters, Oscar's hand speed and activity will make it too dangerous to try. I can also picture both guys hurting each other.

I can see Oscar having more of a hard time with Crawford than with Spence, and see him barely squeaking out a win against Crawford like some other talented smaller fighters he faced(Whitaker and Quartey), probably will be a controversial decision.

Against Spence, i can see Oscar outboxing comfortably tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo410 View Post
          How do you all think a prime De La Hoya would do against either of these guys at w.w.?
          I think a prime Oscar KOs Crawford and gets KOed by Spence with body punches.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya Champion In Six Different Weight Classes !!!
            Oscar ko Crawford and Spence !!!

Comment

I would pick Oscar to beat both. Crawford would get knocked out with his weak chin. The guy got buzzed by a blown up and inactive Gamboa lol. Spence would be the tougher fight but Oscar would win a UD.

Comment

Prime Kitchen Utensils beats Crawford and has a good fight with Spence. Probably edges Spence in a close fight with a win by decision.

As long as during the weeks before the fight he doesn't engage in any Kitchen Utensils or Fish Nets activity then I believe my above comments is what would happen.

If he does engage in Kitchen Utensil and Fish Net stuff then he loses to both Crawford and Spence.
                Last edited by True That; 06-25-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo410 View Post
                  Prime oscar had the style and athletic gifts to beat/to cause anyone trouble.
                  To me it all boils down to his strategy against them.

At his best, yes he can beat both. Oscar had an iron chin all throughout his career, had the handspeed, footspeed and ultimately great power at 147, and good power at 154.
                  Not to mention an even better Jab which would be respected by both Spence and Crawford if he lands on them.

Comment

Despite all the bashing that Oscar gets here I think most real knowledgeable fans know what prime Oscar was about.

Oscar beats both possibly stops them too, that left hook was quick and lethal.

Comment

Working...
                    X