No announcement yet.

When smart fighters with a game plan fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Its reality. Usyk's best win is a narrow win vs briedis and briedis just lost to gevor. How can you possibly ignore that? Berto is not even a top 10 win for floyd so dont know why you mentioning him. He beat proven elite fighters.

If a fighters resume is shallow and he is unproven like briedis' was then we dont know how good he really was. He beat an old huck, albeit with a broken rib.

Having said that, eye test suggests usyk is very good. Fast, adjusts, stamina, strong , and with unbeaten mentality hes gonna be hard to beat. But he legitimately lost rounds vs bellew. And got hit , not on purpose like you guys are suggesting.
    You think Usyk's best win is Breidis? Would you really be saying that if the fight wasn't close?

Gassiev and Bellew were both better wins.

Comment

Golovkin also gets sht for it. This is obvious stuff if your watched even a bit of these guys fights. Until your power has waned, Golovkin will box, Canelo always starts blazing fast, and as a result slows down, Mayweather will change it up as one of the smartest guys, the way he fights is dependent on a fully fleshed out strategy he has devised.

Usyk measures, but he still didnt outbox Bellew, he won because he was better conditioned, is what a lot of you seem unable to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        Quite right.
        He had his game plan and stuck to it and reaped the rewards.
        Their was no way Bellow was going to win another rnd after the 7th.
        It's was clear and obvious bellew was tired. He didn't have the stamina to go all 12. I knew the KO will happen anytime after the 6th round.

Comment

Usyk's strategy wasn't to "see" what Bellew was doing for 5 rounds, he was trying to fight his normal fight but he couldn't land and was getting countered so he just put pressure with his hands up and waited for Bellew to gas out which he did before in a number of fights.

It's not about just observing and adjusting, it's also about taking advantage of your opponent's weaknesses like stamina. A fighter who can stick to that without panicking despite losing rounds after rounds is indeed a mentally tough fighter who can mentally deal with anybody, very dangerous characteristic in any pro fighter.

Comment

Floyd was shot and his body barely allowed him to train
            You a mod??
            Cause you came up in my email

Comment

Me playing devils advocate:

When floyd collected data he rarely got hit,

And plus , brieidis just lost so usyks ability gets looked at less favourably imo given he had a close fight with him. Styles makes fights and fighters change fight to fight and brieidis fought with way less confidence but like i said, jus playing devils advocate
              I get what you're saying but let's not act like Floyd didn't get touched up pretty well himself, even by Emmanuel Burton and I would hold Tony Bellew higher than him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
              X