Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brooklyn boxing twitter says Charlo v Jacobs is next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn boxing twitter says Charlo v Jacobs is next?

The Barclays Center official twitter page says this got next.

There’s been little talk of Danny Jacob’s future regarding networks etc and Eddie Hearn didn’t want to talk about it post fight. He’s a free agent but is still advised by Al Haymon, could this be a power move by the PBC and Barclays to get this fight with a lot of beef and build it in front of a big crowd there? With the winner being Canelos mandatory and potential to do a deal there as Canelo will have to fight them forget all the signing with DAZN talk unless he vacates.

It says:

Congrats Danny Jacobs.
    Next stop Brooklyn.
    The of a Lion VS The Miracle Man

mobile.twitter.com/Brooklyn_Boxing/status/1056396898146443264
    Last edited by phr0zen2; 10-28-2018, 01:56 PM.

GGG is a fcuking b1tch

These guys spent years talking about how every one was ducking him. SMH

Comment

I doubt Jacobs knows who is he gonna fight next. If he's legit with DAZN, which I'm not entirely 100% sure of, then its very doubtful & to me it would seem like he'd want that Canelo fight & idk if he's a lock for May, but his chances are better if he's with DAZN to get that fight thats obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I doubt Jacobs knows who is he gonna fight next. If he's legit with DAZN, which I'm not entirely 100% sure of, then its very doubtful & to me it would seem like he'd want that Canelo fight & idk if he's a lock for May, but his chances are better if he's with DAZN to get that fight thats obvious.
        Until Oscar says something about the Canelo fight I'll believe. Only Hearn has said anything. Hell he's been promoting Canelo and Tank Davis like they're his fighters lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          Until Oscar says something about the Canelo fight I'll believe. Only Hearn has said anything. Hell he's been promoting Canelo and Tank Davis like they're his fighters lol.
          Lmaooo ain’t that the truth. Everyone thinks he’s fighting Canelo all because Hearn keeps throwing his name out there. Hearn said Jacobs was in line for Canelo and GGG a year ago when he first signed him. If he beats Charlo he’ll be the mandatory to Canelo I think he has a better chance of getting Canelo that way

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            Oh yea there is that to. Obviously Canelo is calling the shot to begin with & Canelo isn't even gonna make a call til after the Fielding fight so everyone at 160 who's on the shortlist is just waiting right now cuz it'd be sorta dumb to schedule a fight & opt yourself out automatically by doing so.

Comment

Might as well make this fight happen.

Canelo ain't fighting anyone of these two anytime soon. He'll be fighting fellow GBP fighter, Lemieux next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                The only person saying u need to sign to DAZN to fight DAZN fighters is Hearn. Hearn has no say what Canelo and GB do. Oscar already came out and checked Hearns statements. Oscar stated that there's no reason to sign on to DAZN to fight GB fighters especially Canelo.Fights would have to take place on DAZN but it would be a 1 fight thing like they've done for alot of Canelos opponents. Smith, Chavez Jr., Khan, and others didn't have to sign to HBO. There's a reason why Hearn is putting on garbage fights and will continue to, he's trying to force fighters to sign deals with DAZN to make fights. Oscar said he's trying to make the best fights and isn't forcing anyone to sign on to DAZN to make a fight

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  The only person saying u need to sign to DAZN to fight DAZN fighters is Hearn. Hearn has no say what Canelo and GB do.
                  No sh^t.

I wasn't saying anything about Hearn calling the shots so not sure why you are quoting this to me.

But it seems obvious Jacobs is on the short list cuz he is a DAZN guy & a title holder now. If Canelo isn't moving up to 168 Jacobs is surely on the list, but Canelo is ultimately calling the shot not Hearn, not Oscar & definitely not Jacobs or Andrade or GGG or whoever. Rocky Fielding hit the lotto as much as Jacobs or Andrade would be.

Or on a side note allegedly with DAZN cuz I've still not seen anything concrete thats says he is going to DAZN post-last night. I know when I saw Hearn asked directly about Jacobs & DAZN Hearn just went into some rant about Jacobs wants the Canelo fight so blah blah blah instead of just saying "yes" or "no" or "we will have to figure that out between me & Jacobs once this HBO thing is done"

If anyone saw or knows anything that isn't vague or hinting at something vs saying it directly yes or no I'd like to see it cuz I've not seen anything that 100% confirms it despite believing its very likely to be the case.

Comment

I can't see it more money going to DAZN and banking on the canelo fight which Golden boy and Hearn almost made this year. Remember Golden boy gave Jacobs an offer for Sept and had GGG not agreed to the fight Golden boy/hearn would of worked of finalized that deal. If Jacobs goes back to PBC he is less likely to get canelo fight. He would be foolish to leave. All the belt holders are with DAZN including the cash cow. More options staying with hearn.

WBC cant force canelo to fight anyone he doesn't want to fight that's already proven but even if you do think they can if Charlo fights Jacobs he probably loses his ranking and mandatory status with WBC. Just like Jacobs is no longer ranked with WBC. Sure if he beats Jacobs he is now the IBF champ but he would be no closer to fighting canelo. Canelo could fight Andrade unification, fight GGG, Munguia or anyone else he wants and Charlo/Jacobs left out in the cold.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-28-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X