Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Canelo is The Better Fighter, He Beats Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I actually do remember now when Floyd staggered him. Kirkland though, I don't ever remember him being hurt "badly". He took some shots laying on the ropes but seemed to take them pretty well I thought.
    Jose Cotto rocked him real bad but it was a long time ago to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      He would be a fool to go higer than 175... Both will make weight and both will come in around 173/174.
      Yeah - certainly going any higher wouldn't benefit Canelo - can't understand why you have folks saying he's gonna come in 180 or so when it'd just slow him down and put an extra burden on his already questionable stamina. Most likely you're right.

Comment

Canelo will be pressured for 3 minutes of every round...something he's never had to deal with..ggg owns the reach advantage so If canelo wants to land anything meaningful, he will need to close the gap...dangerous grounds for canelo...canelo's heavy feet and stamina issues will be his downfall along with accumulation of punches...

Comment

Originally posted by adamrod999 View Post
          Canelo will be pressured for 3 minutes of every round...something he's never had to deal with..ggg owns the reach advantage so If canelo wants to land anything meaningful, he will need to close the gap...dangerous grounds for canelo...canelo's heavy feet and stamina issues will be his downfall along with accumulation of punches...
          You don't know. Leave the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
            First off I would believe Spence over a forum poster, Canelo is a better boxer with more skill whose faced better competition in his career.
            At fight time, Canelo will probably outweigh GGG, so he more than likely will be able to nuetralize GGG's largest advantage. Then it becomes a "boxing match". remember Canelo had the balls to try and "outbox" Floyd. Ballsy but he obviously is confident in his boxing ability. And please dont forget someone with KO power and was in a higher weight class, JUST LOST TO THE BETTER BOXER
            Remember Canelo already sparred with GGG, so the only one that is gonna be surprised by someones power, will be GGG because Canelo's power at this weight will be something GGG hasnt felt from Canelo.
            KO boxers usually lose by KO eventually. I see Canelo putting a Ward like performance by attacking his body early, then turn it into a boxing match, then 10-12 body work will pay off and he will end it by KO or TKO.
            Canelo trying to outbox Floyd didn't show that he had balls it showed either he or his corner are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              Canelo has better combinations, better body and head movement and quicker hands.
              GGG has a better jab, better ring closing skills, more power and so far a better chin.

Canelo is younger but gases somewhat.
              GGG is older and gases.

But over and above all that ... GBP matchmakers would not allow this fight unless they saw that Canelo has better than even chance to beat Golovkin.
              I like your analysis but I just want to say I'm not sure GBP matchmakers are the best in the business

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Canelo is the better fighter and I expect him to walk through GGG.
                People go on and on about power. Yes LLL is strong but his power played little impact in thr Jacobs fight and was largely at bay against C-level Lemiuex. I think LLLenadys best weapon will be his jab.

Canelo is not an ordinary opponent and he boxes well, thinks well, defends well, and counters very well.

I have Canelo winning comfortably on the cards and I think LLLenady hits the canvas in this one

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Canelo trying to outbox Floyd didn't show that he had balls it showed either he or his corner are stupid.
                  And that he's stuck in ways

Comment

Canelo is definitely a better all around fighter. And he's definitely the more skilled of the two. But, GGG has that one punch equalizer. Plus, GGG is a dynamic offensive fighter who knows how to set up and land his power shots. Should be an interesting fight. I think both fighters will have an anxious moment or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I actually do remember now when Floyd staggered him. Kirkland though, I don't ever remember him being hurt "badly". He took some shots laying on the ropes but seemed to take them pretty well I thought.
                      Okay 'badly' was an exaggeration. In any case these things do happen and sometimes they mean a lot, but sometimes they don't.

Like Spence being hurt by Lartey but then taking Brook's like nothin was up.

GGG got lifted off his feat by Brook but then took Jacobs punches with not too much trouble.

The only way we'll truly know what to expect is when we see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X