Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev won that fight, he's the P4P king

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do boxing fans ****ing moan all the time? We finally got a great match up and it was a decent high level fight on the night. It could of gone either way, Ward got it, GET OVER IT.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Kovalev let Ward back into the fight and that was his mistake.

Or maybe Ward negated him?

I find the rematch more interesting to see who makes the best adjustments.
      Personally I think Kov got fatigued trying to stop Ward working on the inside. As the fight went on he looked more desperate and Ward had more success on the inside. With that I think Kov was more wary of committing and cutting the ring off through fear of the fight moving close again. The body shots were definitely getting to him

Kovalev was very dominant on the outside for me. That surprised me actually. I know how good Kov is but i didnt expect him to be that in control when the fight was long, he was drawing counters and countering them ffs. This isnt a normal brawler/power puncher. His jab is also sensational.

Im not normally a fan of instant rematches, but this fight I want to see again. Hell I wish the first one was 15 rnds.

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Cyclone;17219190]
        Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Yes he should he was the aggressor landing power shots to jabs... Take the blinkers off he was landing more in mostly all the damn rounds some of you are scoring jabs as a damn power shot in what world do you live in?
        I don't have blinkers on as I was rooting for Kovalev as I'm a Kovalev fan and not a Ward fan.

I'm just simply not biased and admit what was clearly a very close either way fight.

Kovalev didn't really land that many power shots after the 2nd round.

In the second half of the fight, Ward did a great job of controlling the distance, frustrating Kovalev and did really good body work. That's what gave him the advantage in the second half on most cards. I only scored Kovalev the 10th in the last 6 but I could see other rounds going to him though because a lot of those rounds were close aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Personally I think Kov got fatigued trying to stop Ward working on the inside. As the fight went on he looked more desperate and Ward had more success on the inside. With that I think Kov was more wary of committing and cutting the ring off through fear of the fight moving close again. The body shots were definitely getting to him

Kovalev was very dominant on the outside for me. That surprised me actually. I know how good Kov is but i didnt expect him to be that in control when the fight was long, he was drawing counters and countering them ffs. This isnt a normal brawler/power puncher. His jab is also sensational.

Im not normally a fan of instant rematches, but this fight I want to see again. Hell I wish the first one was 15 rnds.
          Kovalev was really good on the outside, I didn't expect that either.

I think after he timed Ward coming in with the right hand and dropped him Ward was very wary and tentative to throw the right hand and it worked massively in Kovalev's favour in the first 6.

I don't think Ward expected to be hit as much with the jab either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Part of the problem is lederman. He is older than the guys scoring. Just like they may need younger judges, hbo may need a younger scorer.

You have every right to be upset. You know I had Ward, you know I don't particularly like Kov and I'm glad to see guys like Freedom whine and cry. I still had kov winning a close close fight.

I'd like to see the rematch on the east coast.
            The final result with the controversial decision is a great set up for a block-buster rematch. This is entertainment for us and a money maker for them. Barkley's for the rematch, baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              The final result with the controversial decision is a great set up for a block-buster rematch. This is entertainment for us and a money maker for them. Barkley's for the rematch, baby!!
              The only thing I hope is the rematch is not on PPV but realistically the rematch should net each at least $5 mil and I don't know how you can do that unless its on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                The only thing I hope is the rematch is not on PPV but realistically the rematch should net each at least $5 mil and I don't know how you can do that unless its on PPV.
                Oh, you KNOW it will be PPV! This is the age of making money, while not necessarily giving the fans their money's worth! I think this particular rematch will be worth the money though.

Comment

Kov lost a close fight that could have went either way, props to both fighters

Comment

agreed kovalev won it.

Comment

new p4p rankings are

kovalev
                      roman
                      golovkin
                      ward

Comment

Working...
                      X