Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vijender Singh Inks Promotional Pact With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to Kanat Islam? Didn't Arum sign him?

Comment

Totally agree

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      The Asian market has been Bob's white whale for years now. Bob tried through Zhou Shiming, Ryoto Murata, and now Singh. Honestly I don't understand why other promoters are ignoring Asia. Imagine the dividends if you were to create a boxing star from China or India with their 1.3 billion plus population.
      The Asian market could be so big, maybe now with all the new apps and streaming services etc a promoter will take a lead over there, seems crazy that China and India haven't been tapped into yet. I mean a promoter should invest in highly populated parts in the amateur infrastructure and in 10-15 years you'd be guarenteed at least a few world level contenders coming through for their respected countries to rally behind.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
        Bob's a US promoter familiar with US boxing, it's only sense he will want to build his fighters in the infrastructure he knows. Plus none of these guys are spring chickens. Conlan is the youngest out of all them at 27, they need to be fast tracked here in America where they can get the most experience and title shots in the shortest amounts of time. And lastly I think Bob believes in the Hollywood-esque storyline 'the son leaves home and returns a champion' angle.
        I think Bob believes a lot of sh^t that ain't true or is outdated.

These guys are NEVER gonna be big in the US & they won't be as big as they can be if you only take them back home when they are titleholders or contenders. If they got something to sell besides being talented at boxing then fair play set them up in the US, but I've not seen anything from Conlan or these two India guys to suggest they can become the next Pacquiao or even GGG.

Comment

Singh is overrated and too linear for my liking, he'll get defeated once he steps up to world level. Not the speed or the power to trouble the top SMW IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCSBronzemedal View Post
            Singh is overrated and too linear for my liking, he'll get defeated once he steps up to world level. Not the speed or the power to trouble the top SMW IMO.
            Yep. Watched him a few times as well as extensively as an amateur and I still can't see what the fuss is about.
            He's no more than a cash cow with him guaranteed to sell out Indian sports halls regardless of who he's fighting.

Comment

Odd signing, this guy will never be top level

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Great, another weak ass defense for Zurdo coming up after Murdock gets that work too
                Thats why he signed him, remember he was Frank Warren who dropped him.

Singh is just terrible and perfect opponent for Zurdo, he may even score a stoppage. Ever since he won the title that guy power is way overated along with his talent

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think Bob believes a lot of sh^t that ain't true or is outdated.

These guys are NEVER gonna be big in the US & they won't be as big as they can be if you only take them back home when they are titleholders or contenders. If they got something to sell besides being talented at boxing then fair play set them up in the US, but I've not seen anything from Conlan or these two India guys to suggest they can become the next Pacquiao or even GGG.
                  Neither have I but that's not going to stop ol' Bob from trying

Comment

Bob is blazed out of his nut.

Comment

old man keeps looking for new Manny Pacquio ..

Comment

Working...
                      X