Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is having a great chin more detrimental to a boxers health?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is having a great chin more detrimental to a boxers health?

Surely, boxers with great chins still feel the effect on the brain? They are able to just power through it for some reason.

don't think so, i think they have harder bone compared with chinny people
    stay conscious and standing after get hit by big blow mean their brain doesn't really feel the effect

Comment

Well if you're asking if I'd rather be Amir khan or Danny Garcia. I'll choose Danny garcia

Comment

Yes it is. James Toney and Ali are perfect examples..

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez, Duran, Jake Lamotta and George Chuvalo. All have lived very long healthy lives and have their brains in tact in old age. They have taken some heavy heavy punishment.

I honestly think it's race related. Most fighters with pugilistic dementia and CTE are black.

Comment

Jack Dempsey was another. Very well spoken and clear headed in old age.

Or how about Max Schmelling who got pummelled way worse than Joe Louis and Schmelling was perfectly fine in old age and met the shaking Joe Louis years later. Gave him money too.

Comment

In the long run yes. These guys with iron chins if they get in a fight where they are outmatched and have no chance of winning instead of going down from that one big shot. They end up sustaining far more abuse and won't go down so it lasts all 12 rounds. You multiple that by a few fights and it adds up to much more damage then guys who went down earlier in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                Jack Dempsey was another. Very well spoken and clear headed in old age.

Or how about Max Schmelling who got pummelled way worse than Joe Louis and Schmelling was perfectly fine in old age and met the shaking Joe Louis years later. Gave him money too.
                Interesting theory about the race thing. You've got some evidence to back it up

Comment

Freddie Roach comes to mind. He aint a brotha last time i checked and he wasnt in there w world beaters etiher.

Comment

My guess is yes, assuming we're talking about the long term complications of having a good chin. Science has proven that repeated and concussive blows to one's head over a long period of time, could cause a substantial loss of brain cells, which leads to permanent brain damage. In some cases, the neurological symptoms don't usually develop until later in a fighters life such as: Memory loss, tremors, slurred speech, personality disorders, dementia, lack of coordination etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X