No announcement yet.

Garcia has a P4P chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia has a P4P chin

Garcia ate Lucas and Keith punches like candy and never buckle once! Clean shots from the heaviest puncher in both 140 and 147

Good fight tonight but Thurman out classed Garcia
    9-3

Thurman visibly buzzed him a few times early, but yeah Swift's packing granite

Comment

After watching Matthysse punch his mouthpiece out I knew never to bet on Garcia getting knocked out. I'll knock him for a lot but a weak chin isn't one.

Comment

Great chin. Better than Porter or others at WW.

Can have a long career with that chin & left hook, still only 28.

* know what it is? The fact that he is flat-footed helps. FAR better balance at all times. Porter, Pacquiao, or Khan by comparison like to step off the ground.

Toney, Margarito, Chuvalo. Best chins are also flat-footed usually.
        Last edited by BM dnobagaV; 03-04-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

He did get buckled in the first round, but he is packing a seriously solid chin. Probably his most underrated attribute.

Comment

His chin is fine but could also be Thurman doesn't hit as hard as his ko rate indicates.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
              Great chin. Better than Porter or others at WW.

Can have a long career with that chin & left hook, still only 28.

* know what it is? The fact that he is flat-footed helps. FAR better balance at all times. Porter, Pacquiao, or Khan by comparison like to step off the ground.

Toney, Margarito, Chuvalo. Best chins are also flat-footed usually.
              Good point

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I expected a pretty clear UD with no KD for Keith and even though the judges gave us a SD it looked like a pretty clear UD to me.

Garcia ate some shots. Didn't knock him out, but I felt like he was a bit hesitant to throw knowing the kind of power coming at him. Garcia likes to punch with his opponent and eat a punch to land a good punch but he didn't really try or get to attempt to do that too much this fight.

Comment

Yeah his chin is impressive. Totally forgot about that when I said he does nothing special. He takes a pretty good punch.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    He did get buckled in the first round, but he is packing a seriously solid chin. Probably his most underrated attribute.
                    Agreed, and its his best attribute.

The hook failed him tonight, his chin didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X