Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Ref F'd Up In The Martin vs Glazkov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like it shoulda been a NC. Idk if the ref considered that punch that Martin grazed him with as a legit punch that dropped Glazkov or what or what rules were used to consider it a KO L, but I definitely don't feel the result did justice to anyone involved in the fight.

Comment

glazkov f'd up by getting in the ring with the prince

Comment

No foul and you can't continue, should be a TKO! Why punish Martin for Glazkov tearing his ACL?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I feel like it shoulda been a NC. Idk if the ref considered that punch that Martin grazed him with as a legit punch that dropped Glazkov or what or what rules were used to consider it a KO L, but I definitely don't feel the result did justice to anyone involved in the fight.
          Yes punish Martin because a coward quit.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            LOL if thats your take of what went down I think you got the ability to surmise what went on to the level of a smart monkey. Glazkov without questioned effed up his knee/leg. He didn't just randomly decide to quit for no reason.

I suppose its arguable he coulda made more of an effort to try to box with one good leg, but it seemed like a losing battle as 2 legs are pretty important to have in a boxing match. And mobility was gonna be his key to winning vs Martin so all he woulda did by trying to continue was take unnecessary damage in a fight that probably shoulda just been a NC.

And I don't see it as punishing Martin. I think Martin would've liked a more conclusive & definitive ending to the fight himself. Being the guy who's a HW champion cuz some guy didn't wanna fight some other guy who got his knee injured in your fight against him & couldn't continue isn't the ideal title winning story or the greatest claim to fame a fighter wants I'm certain of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              LOL if thats your take of what went down I think you got the ability to surmise what went on to the level of a smart monkey. Glazkov without questioned effed up his knee/leg. He didn't just randomly decide to quit for no reason.

I suppose its arguable he coulda made more of an effort to try to box with one good leg, but it seemed like a losing battle as 2 legs are pretty important to have in a boxing match. And mobility was gonna be his key to winning vs Martin so all he woulda did by trying to continue was take unnecessary damage in a fight that probably shoulda just been a NC.

And I don't see it as punishing Martin. I think Martin would've liked a more conclusive & definitive ending to the fight himself. Being the guy who's a HW champion cuz some guy didn't wanna fight some other guy who got his knee injured in your fight against him & couldn't continue isn't the ideal title winning story or the greatest claim to fame a fighter wants I'm certain of that.
              This. I would say a NC and rematch later but how long does it usually take to heal from a knee injury.

Comment

I would say call it a NC, and order Martin vs the next highest rated contender for the still vacant belt, and make Glazkov the mandatory when he is healed

Comment

The injury looked legit to me, you think he faked it?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Wouldn't it be a DQ if a fighter cant continue as result of a foul?

NC if its stopped before the fifth round, yeah? AFter that you score what ya got?
                    Only if it's an intentional foul.

If it's an accidental foul, it's NC before 4. Scorecards after 4.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Martin had gotten up limping from the first slip and decided to continue anyway, despite being obviously hurt. That cost him pretty big I'd say because the second slip looked like something really funky happened with his knee when he put weight on it. He looked legitimately hurt to me and shouldn't have been expected to continue.

Martin basically walked into a belt by staying on his feet for three rounds and doing nothing in his career up to that point. Wouldn't really be punishment to expect him to actually have to prove something with a victory to earn the title he shouldn't have been fighting for in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X