Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Kelley: Kell Brook will take over after Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose the jury is still out on Brook as a top fighter.

Although i will say the win over Porter is an excellent win because i think Porter has a style that can cause problems for anyone and nobody is going to have an easy night against him. Anyone who puts a W on their record against him has a really good win on their hands in my opinion.

So far so good for Brook, lets see how he goes from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      True, but that's still 12 fights from 24th and on, prime.

My overall point was that Kell has been with Eddie for almost all of his relevant (post domestic) career.
      No question he's had his fair share of duds.

Especially twice he should have fought stronger opposition. First time was against Senchenko - He was ready for a solid top 10 ala Diego Chaves then. The second time was when he fought Gavin - Even though there wasn't much available - It would have been nice if it was a Rios or Bradley in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        And he's lead him into a position to fight for and win a world title.
        As if Warren wouldn't have? Especially how awfully long it took.

Amir Khan has been with Haymon for how long? Promised him the Mayweather fight and he ends up getting mugged off for guys he's already beaten and sparring partners
        Strawman fallacy alert, typical.

Comment

As if Warren wouldn't have? Especially how awfully long it took.
          Warren was boxing Brook on undercards outside his home town and never really gave him centre stage. Hearn was basically having to start from scratch with him.

Comment

why all the negativity in this thread tho?

Comment

Warren was boxing Brook on undercards outside his home town and never really gave him centre stage. Hearn was basically having to start from scratch with him.
              Good point. That I got to hand it to Hearn. He took the chance on Brook and tried to develop him in to a main event fighter.

Comment

Brook vs Manny would be an absolute cracker of a fight.

There is some awesome fights to be made at 147...and they dont have to involve floyd

khan v pac

khan v brook

any of those guys vs garcia

any of them vs thurman

all A level scraps

Comment

Good point. That I got to hand it to Hearn. He took the chance on Brook and tried to develop him in to a main event fighter.
                  Brook was also a bit ill disciplined when he was younger, don't think Warren could handle or relate to him as well as Hearn has been able to.

Comment

Tried and succeeded.

Comment

Luckily there's no chance that Kelley would be biased with his fellow country mate.

Brook beat world class opponents ever since he got the belt, no doubt that he will take over after Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X