Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is next line for good but hyped punchers to get exposed against an elite boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    How can you be exposed by an elite fighter? surely it would just be losing not being exposed.

Being exposed would have to be against a lesser opponent.
    I think that being labeled as something, like a future HOF'er or your fans claiming you can beat that ATG and that other ATG, or that you are better than some ATG, while the fighter in question has only beaten B and C list fighters, then he steps up to the elite level and loses..that is some kind of "exposed". Especially if the fighter in question fails to beat any elite fighter he faces. If you have been called elite/great fighting average level fighters but can't ever beat top level fighters, then yes, that is getting exposed. You have been exposed as not being as good as the media/fans have made you out to be. That is definitely getting exposed actually. You were labeled as great, but just end up being good, that is getting exposed.

Comment

change that GGG name to lemieux and everyone will agree with you.
      lemieux is a big puncher, but doesnt have half the skills golovkin has....
      quit dismissing gggs boxing skills because its overshadowed by his power lo

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I think that being labeled as something, like a future HOF'er or your fans claiming you can beat that ATG and that other ATG, or that you are better than some ATG, while the fighter in question has only beaten B and C list fighters, then he steps up to the elite level and loses..that is some kind of "exposed". Especially if the fighter in question fails to beat any elite fighter he faces. If you have been called elite/great fighting average level fighters but can't ever beat top level fighters, then yes, that is getting exposed. You have been exposed as not being as good as the media/fans have made you out to be. That is definitely getting exposed actually. You were labeled as great, but just end up being good, that is getting exposed.
        No that wouldn't expose Golovkin that would expose a few ******ed fanboys on the internet.

Just because some fanboys wet themselves and use such terms as ATG it doesn't mean every boxing media outlet is claiming this.

I guess any loss is being "exposed" these days though. One loss and you're on the scrap heap.

Comment

Golovkin isn't just a puncher though. He has skills and amateur pedigree unlike fighters who solely rely on their power. 345-5 is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

Just because some fanboys wet themselves and use such terms as ATG it doesn't mean every boxing media outlet is claiming this.
            Some(lots of fanboys actually) fanboys, the media, commentators, his trainer, his manager, his promoter. Yes, that would be getting exposed.

And no, one loss does not mean you got exposed. Danny Garcia, Amir Khan, Robert Guerrero, etc. no one think s highly of them, a loss for them can't expose them to anything.

Comment

Some of you guys are just dense. GGG is the best boxer in his division and the hardest puncher.

Between the middleweight, Supermiddle and Jr. Middleweight. He's among top 5 best boxer

Comment

good try!

nope, GGG is no average but no ATG or HOF "yet"(depends what he does from here).
                But I would like that he mantains this step-up road, so we can finally have the Ward fight, and if he loses that fight I wouldn't consider that gettin exposed.

I have GGG fighting 4 more years, that easily 10 fights, and yes all those fights will be exciting to watch.

So how can you don't like the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  GGG has not fought one elite level boxer or boxer puncher.....he isn't hard to hit and when he does cut off the ring, he doesn't always work on the inside

I know this isn't gonna be a popular opinion but I just don't see anything special or extraordinary out of him

Lets see him face some adversity at the top level before some of you guys anoint him as an all time great
                  Was Matthew Macklin a bum? Which middleweight would you have him face? Cotto has used several excuses, his favorite that he's not a real middleweight. Which is true kind of but then why does he hold claim to the middleweight title? There is no such thing as a 157 champion. Peter Quillin calling GGG out? I haven't heard it. I like Andy lee and Quillin but neither are clamorign to fight him. Even Daniel Jacobs cant make up his mind if he's ready or not and that would be a good fight though he was knocked out by a lesser fighter than Golovkin. Dominic Wade? Your answer is probably going to be Andre Ward, who is a phenomenal fighter but fought his last fight at 172.

Comment

In Boxing, all the exciting sluggers get criticized to the max for anything and are labeled hype jobs by fans of the boring Boxers. In MMA, the exciting strikers get criticized to the max by fans of wrestling based Fighters who lay on guys all day instead of actually fighting. Smh what's wrong with these ppl???

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                      Golovkin isn't just a puncher though. He has skills and amateur pedigree unlike fighters who solely rely on their power. 345-5 is impressive.
                      Dude has obviously been exposed 5 TIMES already!!

Comment

Working...
                      X