No announcement yet.

Broner: "At 23 I would have kicked Floyds Ass"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
    Broner just said this at the Demarco Press conference. NSB thoughts.....
    He would have raped your Floyd Mayweather Jr. my friend.

Comment

• Make outrageous claims = get people talking about you.

Straight outta Floyd's book.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Make outrageous claims = get people talking about you.

Straight outta Floyd's book.
        i dont get why ppl dont see this. as long as his boxing backs it up, the kid will be a gold mine. i ignore his stupid comments for the most part but hes fighting good competition and hes looked good so far so we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
          first thing first, at no point did i say he wasn't great, to imply as if i inferred that he wasn't is beside the point. still doesn't change the fact that he a stan.

dude probably still sings himself to sleep singing "like mike" you think what you like, and I'll do the same.
          Thank you video. Even Jordan himself said that they have big similarities in their game. But your hear comparisons since Kobe's won 5 rings and been to 2 more finals, you hear comparisons of their greatness now. There's questions on whether Kobe can win 6 or more rings.

People always were comparing the way they play, because they have similar elements to their game, that's what I said. But the comparisons now go beyond that, to where they are being compared for greatness at times too.

When obe first started, he got hyped big time because he was a great player, and people saw similar elements to Jordan's game. No one was comparing them saying Kobe is 100% going to be as good as Jordan or that Kobe would be equal to Jordan. Over a decade later, 7 conference championships and 5 titles later, there is a debate on the level of greatness for both. Though Jordan is still the GOAT to me, along with Kareem. Kobe is in the Top 10 in his own right though. He is the closest thing we've seen to Jordan, and the best player of his era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Pretty much, We have so many Mosley and how did it workout for them? Broner is going about everything the right way in my opinion, Nothing for anyone to flip out about.
            The sport of boxing and the business of boxing. Very few master both.

Comment

• I love this kid. He gets "it" as far as keeping your name relevant and marketing yourself.

Get this fuckin kid a 24/7 ASAP.

Comment

• Floyd's best weight were from 130 (I can't see anyone in history beat him at that weight).

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i dont get why ppl dont see this. as long as his boxing backs it up, the kid will be a gold mine. i ignore his stupid comments for the most part but hes fighting good competition and hes looked good so far so we'll see.
                  The problem is Broner's boxing doesn't back up his statements.

He's been beat before be Ponce de Leon. Gamboa can destroy him. Demarco may or may not have the power to take him out but it'll be a good fight, and I think a guy like Abril can outbox him for 12 rounds and make him look stupid.

Broner isn't that smart technically. If you take away his speed and power advantages at that weight, he'll get outboxed by plenty of fighters. Not so with Floyd, at ANY stage in his career.

Comment

Working...
                  X