Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrix 1 vs Inception

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matrix was amazing when it came out, but Inception is just on a whole other level. I'm not surprised it's not winning on here, most you of you guys are from the Transformers/popcorn movie crowd so I don't expect you to understand such a layered film. I know y'all like movies with a basic and simple story that's spoon fed to you, and as soon as a movie makes you think you'll label it "stupid". I can see why people from other countries have a greater respect for Inception than Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Matrix was amazing when it came out, but Inception is just on a whole other level. I'm not surprised it's not winning on here, most you of you guys are from the Transformers/popcorn movie crowd so I don't expect you to understand such a layered film. I know y'all like movies with a basic and simple story that's spoon fed to you, and as soon as a movie makes you think you'll label it "stupid". I can see why people from other countries have a greater respect for Inception than Americans.
      Nice soliloquy. Too bad the reality is both are all faux depth and no substance so you come off like a plebeian on your intellectual high horse. Inception particularly is solely designed to overload the limited mental faculties of the public and you bought the illusion hook, line, and sinker. Congratulations there. Matrix wins solely in a clash of style vs. style. And this is coming from one of the biggest Matrix haters out there in myself.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
        Seven Samurai!

Out of those two, Matrix.
        Inception was ok, but massively overrated and the last long-winded action scene in a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream was horrible to sit through. The South Park parody was spot on.
        Seven Samurai is overrated as well (in itself, not in terms of influence obviously). Not even close to Kurosawa's best.

Comment

Just watched Inception last week. I was not really expecting a lot from that movie. But boy was I suprised. That was a genius movie. Been a long time since I watched the Matrix so I go with Inception

Comment

Matrix gets my vote and it's not even close.

Comment

matrix and its not even close.........

Comment

inception got owned in the poll

Comment

Lots of old threads getting needlessly bumped lately

Comment

i really like stories that raise questions regarding reality...

plato's allegory of the cave > putnam's brain in the vat > mamoru oshii's ghost in the shell / alex proyas' dark city > inception > the matrix

im having a hard time figuring out which one is superior between ghost in the shell and dark city...

and yes, thought experiments like plato's allegory and the brain in the vat offer a much more profound experience than watching the aforementioned films IMHO... a lot better...

Comment

abre los ojos and it's cameron crowe helmed cousin, vanilla sky offer a significantly more emotional story than the matrix and inception IMHO...

the truman show though lighter, is a lot more enjoyable...

just my 2 cents...

Comment

Working...
                      X