Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia: "I see a lot of MISTAKES in Pac, and his opponents made him look good"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia: "I see a lot of MISTAKES in Pac, and his opponents made him look good"

excerpts from Doug Fischer's article today

Margarito is a tough S.O.B., but I had to ask Garcia whether he seriously thought his fighter has a realistic shot at beating Pacquiao.

I’ve been watching video of Pacquiao’s fights every day since the last time you came by the gym (one month ago), and I’m telling you I see things,” he said. “Every time I watch him the job we have seems a little bit easier. That sounds crazy to anyone who watched what Pacquiao did to Hatton and Cotto and Clottey. When you watch Pacquiao fight live, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement, because his speed and power is so unbelievable that you don’t notice what he’s doing.

“He seems unbeatable. But if you really study him -- somebody that really knows boxing -- you see a lot of mistakes. And you see that his opponents, who didn’t have it or didn’t try like they should have, should get some credit in how incredible he looked. That’s not going to be the case with Tony.

“I think Tony is going to do what lately nobody’s been able to do," Garcia continued. "The last one to do it was Erik Morales -- he beat Pacquiao when he did it -- and that’s not show him any respect. He can be backed up. He backs up easy. When you do that, you put him on the defensive and there’s a lot of things he does instinctively, like cover up as he goes to the ropes, that a strong fighter like Tony can take advantage of.”
    http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2406/gym_..._looking_good/
    Yes
    19.35%
    No
    48.39%
    Maybe
    32.26%

I agree Pacquaio has really weird arkward punches and his form is all messed up but his power and speed are so great that they out weigh the crappy form and weird punches.

Comment

it doesnt matter if you see mistakes.
      your fighter doesnt have the skill or quickness to capitalize on those mistakes.

same move every time.

Comment

You are preaching to the choir, Robert.

Comment

i am seeing margarito as a trainer like garcia after being defeated by pac

Comment

wow, garcia is gonna be really surprized after the fight

Comment

Margarito isn't the type of guy who can capitalize on the mistakes Pacquiao makes. Plus, quite a lot of the mistakes fighters or trainers see in videos end up not being mistakes when the fight actually happens.

Comment

didn't freddie roach once said "i don't look for mistakes, anyone can make mistakes. i look for habits"

Comment

There are two people who can solve the Pacquiao puzzle.. Nacho Bernstein & Freddy Roach.

Comment

lol at what does he have to say about his fighter? Roach would probably need a couple of pages citing Margarito's mistakes. Its no secret Pacquiao has flaws..

Comment

Working...
                    X