• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Build that wall!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Trump: 'Why was there the Civil War?'

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn't have had the Civil War," he said. "He was a very tough person but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw with regard to the Civil War, he said 'There's no reason for this."

Jackson, the nation's seventh president, died in 1845. The Civil War began in 1861.

Trump also compared his win to that of Jackson.

"My campaign and win was most like Andrew Jackson, with his campaign. And I said, when was Andrew Jackson? It was 1828. That's a long time ago," Trump said.

"That's Andrew Jackson. And he had a very, very mean and nasty campaign. Because they said this was the meanest and the nastiest. And unfortunately, it continues."

Comment

• Meanwhile in Bizarro World.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Completely wrong.
              I'm not getting into an attrition battle.

The fact is the money is for the STUDENT. And since the students are minors, it should be up to the parent where said money goes.

That's how the vouchers work. The parents choose, and the school chosen gets the money to pay for the studen't education.

Do you oppose parental choice?

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Since when are all taxpayers also parents? In what world?
              Strawman fallacy.

Watch those, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post

Also, I do not have a plan, Im discussing issues. There is no perfect program that Ive seen. I know parents in Florida who were lucky enough to get the vouchers and they say its changed their kids lives. Here is the problem for them though, vouchers dont pay for everything, the school books, activities, uniforms, trips, mandatory "donations"... Still makes it barely affordable for them. Still, they would never ever go back. Charter shcools can be great too... for the kids who can get in. They pick the best students so what can we expect? I wish there was alot more of them. Creates opportunities for more kids/parents. But we still end up with the same question, what about the kids who are left in regular public schools?
                So the program is better than the status quo, but not perfect, so what now?

Please continue on, but for me the answer is obvious based on the above. The parents were happy. You said "they would never ever go back". So why not offer that choice up for many more parents all over the nation?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  I literally said that in the first post. This is part of the problem with how you've been responding - you only respond to select points, side stepping massive amounts of information...
                  No, what I did was compress it, and actually agreed with it.

Why the need to address it in a longer manner????

You proved two big facts, facts that will be cited again:

1. Private schools tested higher than public schools

2. In terms of public schools, the ones in poorer areas are worse than those in richer areas.

Those two facts buttress my argument that a voucher program more helps poorer (often minority) children who are stuck in the worst public schools and whose parents can least afford school choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    This is hilarious. Throwing out research because you don't understand how it works.

Wild claim there comrade, ....
                    I will not address this post, as it is hostile and contains outright insults.

You said you wanted to have a rational adult discussion with a Trump voter, and that's why I offered up myself. You've resorted to rudeness and insult and thus aren't keeping your word. I've done neither, and been more respectful of you than I normally do with others.

Please, be nicer. I'm not here to have the usual insults hurling contest and thought you were going to be better than that. Prove me right on that, please....

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                      It makes it more difficult for white students to avoid being around black students.
                      Are you familiar with school "bussing"?

Comment

Working...
                      X