Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Mayweather have lost to Salido in his second pro fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Roy took none in his prime Castillo got STOPPED three times in his prime! He was nothing but the solido of that era.
    Anyone can get caught, Roy got caught by TARVER. A guy that he could he has the skills to make silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      People just won't let the Salido fight go. What's really funny about it though is that they are giving him a pass for ducking the rematch. Its like they don't want Loma to redeem himself just so they can keep hanging that fight over him.

As for the thread question- maybe maybe not. People act as if Loma was completely dominated when in fact Salido won a razor thin decision after cheating as much as possible. Floyd certainly was a special talent but fighting a guy like Salido in your 2nd pro fight is a bad idea.
      You are a cute troll.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
        Anyone can get caught, Roy got caught by TARVER. A guy that he could he has the skills to make silly.
        Roy was passed it after he moved back down from hw, Castillo was dead in the middle of his prime getting dropped lol the ax man and Gary Russell are way better skill wise .

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          People just won't let the Salido fight go. What's really funny about it though is that they are giving him a pass for ducking the rematch. Its like they don't want Loma to redeem himself just so they can keep hanging that fight over him.

As for the thread question- maybe maybe not. People act as if Loma was completely dominated when in fact Salido won a razor thin decision after cheating as much as possible. Floyd certainly was a special talent but fighting a guy like Salido in your 2nd pro fight is a bad idea.
          Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I don't know tbh, but the thing is this:

Lomachenko is a very nice guy, nice personality, follows rules to a t. He got low blowed and bullied by Salido all over the ring and did nothing.

Floyd would not allow this, he believes in eye for an eye in the ring, he does not have a "nice" personality, he is not a little "sweetheart" like Loma is. If you foul him he'll get back at you, if you foul Loma he'll take it all night long, waiting on the ref to help him. The only time Floyd never got back at a fighter was against Judah and that's because he got hit hard first of all and couldn't even do anything right back, and secondly because his team had already started a riot. Kinda like when a batter gets mad at a bad strike call and the manager comes out screams at the top of his lung at the umpire, for his player, and gets ejected from the game. Managers do this tactic to prevent the team from losing a player via ejection. Basically Roger unintentionally did this for Floyd. There was no need to retaliate after that riot.

But we saw how Ortiz got dealt with after he went on his headbutting spree.
          I agree with everything you guys just said. Salido was a war hardened professional fighter, and Lomo was a highly-skilled, but green boxer. Even so, if not for all the veteran tactics by "Siri," Vasyl would've won that fight. Using that loss to point fingers at Lomachenko is ignorant, as far as I'm concerned. And I agree, Floyd wouldn't have taken any of that shit Orlando was dishing out. If Lomo hadn't been so sportsmanlike, things would've turned out quite differently. I'd bet my bottom dollar he's learned from that experience. Let's see Salido try to pull that garbage in a rematch. Lol He'll get pummeled.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            You are a cute troll.
            Perhaps you should read what some are saying about that rematch. Now crap yourself and sit down.

Comment

Little unfair. He might have.. but if Floyd stayed an amateur u til he was 25? Floyd washes him

Comment

pretty boy floyd was a beast so hard to say but I predict the fight be a DQ and a rumble breaks out by round 5.

Comment

I'm surprised that people that have supposedly watched boxing for so long try to make these comparisons. Lomachenko stayed at the amateur level longer whereas Floyd turned pro before the age of 20. You can't compare the 2 in terms of number of fights.

Comment

Yea. Floyd was like 19 when he was in his 2nd fight? That's a tough ask.

Comment

Loma was 26 in his 2nd pro fight..Floyd was 19

Comment

Working...
                      X