Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who said "Manny Pacquiao was winning and got caught with a lucky punch"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fight was just unreal
    the kd in the 3rd was unreal manny was more surprised than hurt , looked to me in shock like"wtf i fought him 3 times where did this power come from " (memo)

but the 6th omg what a shot perfect timing

lets face it if he wasnt out cold he would got up and kept fighting .. hes manny ****ing pacquiao !
    same goes for jmm

fuking legends

Comment

Even Monzon Went Down with a Similar Punch

The overhand right counter that KO'd Pac was smilar to the only KD suffered by Carlos Monzon in his 100th bout against Valdez in the 2nd round. Monzon had a granite chin and the physics involved had him down for the first time.

If you saw all four fights the same punch was landed several times. This time it had more pop as Marquez fully loaded with extra flinstone vitamins.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        i kinda knew thats where u were gonna go with that cuz ur whole argument is not to count punches lol

FACT is, he did land more, a lot more and if you didn't see a clear winner, than its clear you don't know a damn thing about viewing/judging a fight and making a correct decision.

It's a round system, not scored by punches. You can have a guy totally dominate 3-4 rounds where he lands more punches than the other guy does in the 8 rounds he wins. It also doesn't account for punch accuracy, clean hitting, ring generalship and defense. A guy may statistically land 15 more punches in a round, but if the ones the other guy lands are all clean and accurate versus sloppy the extra 15 don't mean ****. Perfect example is this fight. I believe compubox had the stats very even....yet the fight was stopped. Listen to the different sound when Mayweather lands vs when chavez lands. You can hear a clean shot.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
          so how did calzaghe win fights then lol, he's all pitty pat!!!!

he wasn't hard countering at all, work rate and um punches landed

Calzaghe mixed it up. Some shots had mustard and others didn't. He hurt Kessler to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Can't believe people are calling a perfectly timed and leveraged counter right hand a "lucky" punch. Pathetic.

indeed. It certainly wasn't lucky. He practised it in sparring, he hit MP with it during the fight more than once, and he was searching for a right hand counter that entire round.

This is what Naz Richardson had to say about it, and i have to say watching the fight i couldn't agree more.

http://www.f i g h t h y p e .com/news/article13832.html

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
              If he was fighting so good and was such a beast before he fell asleep. Then why not Floyd on may 4th?
              Lol yea, as if Mayweather would stop ducking Pacquiao. He's been doing it for so long I don't think he'd be able to.
              Last edited by techliam; 02-03-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                It's a bizarre situation, where that was the best i've seen Manny Pacquiao against Marquez, or against anyone in recent years for that matter; but it was also the worst loss and most careless Pacquiao that has shown up in recent years.

Careless/reckless Pacquiao=Best Pacquiao, IMO. Notice, the best Manny Pacquiao, in his prime, has always been careless about defense. He just ran in to the wrong couple of right hands this time, with a few other hard right hands in between.
                Manny was still "prime" in the Jmm fight when he got KO'd. The word "prime" in boxing is so over used its pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                X