Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Votes To Strip Canelo - But OVERRULED By Golden Boy's PR Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sulaiman said Canelo had until the end of April to enroll into the Boxing Clean Program or he’d be dropped from the rankings. It’s May 10, he hasn’t enrolled and he’s stills ranked.

I don’t remember, when Oscar was the cash cow, was boxing bending over this much for him.
    Last edited by El Gitano; 05-10-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I don't want to see a single person ever again claim that the Ring title means anything. Ring itself admits it's simply the Golden Boy title. Stop the insanity with pretending the magazine belt means anything in boxing anymore.

Comment

"As the sport of boxing is trying to get rid of drugs in the sport, the World Boxing Council completed the implementation of a new program earlier in the week and more than two dozen boxers were dropped from the WBC's rankings for not enrolling in the program.

The Clean Boxing Program involved having all WBC titleholders as well as fighters in the top 15 in all 17 weight classes be subject to random blood and/or urine testing at any point in the year.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said that implementing the new program carried some problems, especially with dealing with foreign boxers, but overall is pleased with the early results."

Who wants to bet that wbc doesn't drop canelo from their rankings?

Comment

Embarrassing. These guys all make me cringe.

Scrounging around Canelo doing whatever they can.

Pathetic.

His career and what it means for them as organisations will forever carry the stains it has acquired lately and they all know it. Desperate men.

Comment

Stopped buying it some years ago probably when golden boy took it over.
            Its only good for wiping my ass now.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
              Oscar really has been bad for boxing outside of his own career.
              I would say GBP has helped make some big fights like Mayweather co promotion etc...

Issue is, when Al took most of the fighters ans Richard got sued or whatever, it ****ed GBP up big time

Comment

wth is a ring title and why is it relavent when Oscar de la h0mO decide who holds it

Comment

Why is this a surprise? Ring title has always been a joke

Comment

Copout. Total copout. Blame the PR guy

Comment

Carnelo is looking worse and worse with each passing day!

Comment

Working...
                      X